Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
After announcing a $50 Million prize - http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/bigelow_spaceprize_040927.html - for a reusable launch vehicle to successfully dock with a crew to they're inflatable spacehab module, they've managed to get an FAA-AST go ahead

This is huge - if these inflatable enclosures make it to orbit, they'll provide more space than anything else available right now. Earth Orbiting Hilton......

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
mvc said:
Is it just me or does that thing need some windows??? :p

Ha, windows would be nice, but I think that its only going to be the habitation section and there will be other sections used for observation. Still a great idea and some really nice incentive. Although I think 2010 might be a little too soon to see some sort of commercial orbital spacecraft.

D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It seems to be an idea that is well worth trying. Interesting that the company must be based and run in the United States. I think that having a goal of 2010 is a good idea. Having a set time will have a way of jump starting the project. It definitely worked for President Kennedy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.