Spammers

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Has anyone noticed a considerable amount of spammers lately trying to make topics and posts they make seem legitimate when they are not ?
If you’re not sure, you can just use the ‘report’ button to the moderators and let them review the matter. You will have some who skulk the site by trying to camouflage with the rest of the population.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Has anyone noticed a considerable amount of spammers lately trying to make topics and posts they make seem legitimate when they are not ?
Just report any such post to the mods using the "report" button - the button on the bottom left of a post - and they will review the post and take whatever action they deem necessary.

Last edited:

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
Could you give an example of what you consider "not legitimate?" Or are we talking about the Kool-Aid brigade not liking posts that doth dare speak against something Apple does? I've noticed a trend in recent years to call people spammers or trolls when someone simply disagrees with their opinion on something as if no one could possibly hold the opinion that Apple isn't always right (let alone in the political forum).

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I'll chime in and say don't ever think that reporting a post is a waste of time. I report posts all the time and I always get something from a moderator saying that they're investigating. The staff on these forms do stay on top of things.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
I'll chime in and say don't ever think that reporting a post is a waste of time. I report posts all the time and I always get something from a moderator saying that they're investigating. The staff on these forms do stay on top of things.
Likewise.

And, when I have reported spam posts (which is fairly frequently) I will almost always receive some sort of response from a mod, which is good to see.

Reactions: revmacian