Speakers in Retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drxcm, Jun 12, 2012.

1. drxcm macrumors regular

Hi there,

One of the things I love about my 17" MBP over my girlfriends 2011 15" MBP is that the speakers are fantastic on the 17" - much better for watching Netflix / movies etc.

Can anyone with the new 15" comment on whether there is a significant improvement in any of the following from the old 15" or 17" :

- Volume
    - Clarity
    - Bass
    - Stereo separation

Interested in any hands-on information or comparisons...

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I think the keynote stated that the 15" Retina sounds fantastic.

3. Moriarty macrumors 6502

Apple would have us know that their computers fart rainbows and are powered by unicorn juice... cold, hard facts are by and large the only truth ever to be found in the PR write-ups.

It's a pair of 1-inch (rough guess) full-range drivers. Even cheap $25 separate speakers will still sound better. Grab a $200 pair of Audioengine A2 speakers if you want truly good sound for not much money.

4. drxcm thread starter macrumors regular

Not really what I'm looking for. I just want to know if the new 15" sounds as good as / better than my current 17".

5. ayres macrumors regular

i'm curious about this too...

the keynote mentioned the speakers on the new retina macbook pro. but is there any reason to believe that the speakers in the 15 inch retina are any different from the speakers traditionally used in the 15 inch mbp?