Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 3, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Just spotted this reported on Twitter, and came here to check whether anyone had started a thread about it.

Fascinating, to say the least.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

The **** is getting real folks. Wait it's fake all fake what a waste of time.

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Trump is going to hang on his fake noose.

5. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I think we are coming full circle now. Remember when Whitewater led to Monica? I wonder what Mueller will find. I bet repubs will say "that's none of his business he should stick to only one subject with blinders on waaaaahhhh".
    --- Post Merged, Aug 3, 2017 ---
    If Trump was telling the truth when he said "I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!" then he has nothing to worry about.

Someone queue the "as the world turns" meme please.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm going to guess they have the evidence to indict lower level people and then plan to use those as leverage for plea deals to get the guys at the top.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

If the Hillary probe taught us anything, that is not to trust this type of news/leaks, at least not at face value. I am sure that Mueller is doing an egregious job so I would just wait.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Party pooper

9. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I don't recall that any of the Hillary probes came close to going to a grand jury. Furthermore, there is a leaker of epic super powers. I'm inclined to say this is true.

10. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

It's against the law to have any conflict of interest and Muller needs to recuse himself immediately. Appoint a new Special council to oversee the investigation.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Did anyone seriously not expect a GJ? Sit back because this is going to run a while.

12. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Prove the conflicts of interests lol.

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I bet you're fun at parties. :p

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

7.5 years ? :)

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Trump will get more time in prison than that.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

17. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

At the very least Muller and Comey are good friends and colleagues within the FBI. So having Comey leaking information to appoint special prosecutor who just so happens to be Muller looks suspicious.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Trump/Session's justice department appointed Mueller...

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Indeed. Especially the part about two separate bipartisan (and cross-regional) bills offered in the Senate that are meant to protect the independent counsel from capricious removal at the direction of or directly by the President.

20. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

It does not matter who appointed him if the conflict of interest exists.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So it's only a conflict if the investigation gets too close to the truth.

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes.

That very welcome detail - the bipartisan approach - struck me too. Again, fascinating.

And - for the first time in an age - I feel some slight relief along with some reassurance about the robust & rude good health of some of the political scaffolding buttressing the checks and balances sections of the US constitution.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

What does very good friends mean. They know each other. They have never even been to each other's home for dinner. No one with credibility has asserted that the appointment was anything but a nod to Mueller's ability and preparation for such an assignment.

But keep posting those talking points, they will help the Prez make his case somehow, I don't think...

When you get the president's own party taking precautions to preclude derailment of an investigation related to behavior of their own administration, whoever provided your talking points needs to come in out of the sun and get a cool drink of water. And then find something else to carp about besides the guy who was appointed Special Counsel.

24. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

So what do you call Trump's contribution to the Clintons? How about the fact that he hasn't fully vested his businesses around the world and instead has his children running his companies? Pot meet kettle. Unless you find someone who's been living under a rock for the past ten years, it's going to be hard to get someone that's non partisan.