Special Prosecutor put on hold...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Michael Goff, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN13628S?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

And the backpedal starts.

2. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I think he should offer to pardon her.

If she accepts, that is tantamount to pleading guilty.

But he needs to be the bigger person here and start the healing.

3. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

If he's serious about wanting to solve healthcare, jobs, border control, and tax reforms ... and he does it fairly well (that's key), I'm fine with him not going after Hillary.

At this point, I don't care if he goes after Hillary or not. She's suffered quite the blow this election.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why would Trump waste one second worrying about an irrelevant relic of the past like Hillary Clinton?

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

They have nothing on Hillary, pursuing her would be an embarrassment to the Trump administration when she comes out unscathed.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

She's been cleared by the FBI. I don't know why people keep going on about this. What about Trump's Fraud case next month. Why isn't anyone talking about that.

7. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Whether prosecuted or not, Hillary has already been proven guilty of illegally using her own mail servers while in office.

And, realistically, she was never going to be sent to prison if convicted of it anyway. Her worst consequence would have been fines, penalties, and loss of government offices.

So, let's look at it this way....

Trump has already made sure Clinton will never hold another government position. She's at the end of her road.

Trump got her to spend billions of dollars to get defeated in the election, ending her career in a state of disgrace and embarrassment. So, essentially fines and penalties already taken care of.

So, she's done. She's old news. Washed up, and sent off to be forgotten like yesterdays trash.

I think she's paid enough. Let her pick up the pieces of her life, and perhaps she'll enjoy retirement as a civilian (who still receives a healthy income, even though she's not in the public spotlight anymore).

8. SusanK macrumors 68000

President Elect Trump knows he has a finite amount of political capital. Why waste any on HRC?

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Wow are you bitter. She's hardly old news. She's hardly ending her career in a state of disgrace or embarrassment. In fact, who said she's ending her career? She won't be President... but I haven't heard that she's out of politics completely. And she's hardly washed up.

But if it helps you sleep at night to think she's a nobody now... go right ahead.

10. kobalap macrumors 6502

If she committed a crime, she needs to answer for them.

The divisions in this country are not about prosecuting Clinton. The divisions are about social justice. And both sides disagree on what that looks like.

11. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

If she broke the law, she should be prosecuted. If she is not held legally accountable, it sends the signal that other corrupt politicians can break the law without consequences.

12. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G5

Michael Goff

You can tell she broke the law by the way the FBI said she didn't and said it twice.

13. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Has she been charged with a crime? How do you pardon someone not even charged with anything?

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Ford/Nixon.

15. 0007776 Suspended

He seems to be back pedaling a lot which is making me cautiously optimistic that he won't destroy the country.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

But the Republican dominated congress and Supreme Court still will. :cool:

17. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

You guys are incredible. He hasn't solved the world problems not even 3 days of winning the election. What phase is this?

18. 0007776 Suspended

They very well might, but with how fast Trump has gone back in his campaign promises I think he might actually care about his legacy enough to rein them in and minimize damage.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Honestly, I don't think he's that deep.

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Clinton Foundation investigation. Will Hillary return to managing it? How much money will it get down the road that she is no longer in office (it will be an interesting indicator of the CF).

Now that Hillary is not in elected office I don't think anyone really cares about her ignorance of the law with regard to the emails. I don't think it's worth the money for anyone to investigate or prosecute this further.

21. 0007776 Suspended

You have a good chance of being right, but his ego is big enough that it might matter to him.

22. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

No. Nixon was charged with obstruction of justice by congress.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Well. There you go.

I stand corrected.

24. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Yes she has. On the email issue. I think the investigation into the Clinton Foundation is ongoing.

I think she will work on getting Chelsea into Congress and then groom her to be President. It will be a lot of work as I don't think she is anywhere near as smart as her parents. But then again, look at Nancy Pelosi.

Yes, their money river will dry up. Bill can still make some doing speeches as an ex-President, but I think her speaking career will be winding down.

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What are you talking about? Having classified info out of classified streams alone is enough for anyone except Hillary