iPhone XS Max Speck blemish under back glass of XS Max

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dms_91, Oct 18, 2018.

1. dms_91 macrumors regular

dms_91

This is frustrating. I’m onto my 3rd XS Max after 2 replacements and now noticed a speck under glass back of the Max. My first had dust under camera lens, second one had rough/sharp edges and yelloish screen. Now a blemish under glass on back. Just wondering what you all would you do? Get it exchanged again or just return and keep your iPhone X?

2. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

3. matty1551 macrumors 6502

You bought one of the most expensive phones on the market. I don’t think it’s wrong for you to expect perfection.

4. Yunklucy00, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

Yunklucy00 Suspended

Send it back again onto my fourth iPhone XS Max now I demand a perfect iPhone for the price I paid.

Update perfect iPhone xs max fourth replacement unit arrived today No yellow screen,no dust under screen camera lens,no marks,no glue hanging out the sides,sharp edges around the bands between the screens.

Good luck OP keep trying till you get one that your happy with.

5. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Why you think that?

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That member was telling you to keep your iPhone X, because you have m had so much unfortunate incidents with three other models of the iPhone XS, that clearly you’re not able to find a model that you want to be perfect.

7. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Ya I ended up just returning the XS Max again. Not only due to the blemish on back under glass, but also the screen had much more of a yellow tint to it even with True Tone off than my X. I want the XS Max but prolly just gonna hold off for now.

8. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

If after 3 Max’s and you haven’t found one to your liking it’s best to keep the phone you’re satisfied with.

9. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Ya pretty much. Sucks Cuz I want the Max.

10. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

I really wonder if Apple ever intended the Xs Max to have the same screen tint as the X had. I really wonder.

11. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Right. Because even my girlfriend’s XS has more of a yellowish tint to the display compared to my X which looks perfect.

12. princ2 macrumors member

princ2

Can you share a photo?

Also go see my last thread, my XS Max has arrived with defect as well.

13. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

I don’t have any photos of it. Was hard to take. I just thought of an idea of why this is. LG started suppling OLED panels for Apple on their new phones and so I’m guessing this could be why.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 20, 2018 ---
    Actually here’s a photo

Attached Files:

14. princ2 macrumors member

princ2

Hmm you're the best judge - if it bothers you I'd say return it until you're satisfied.

15. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Ya I already did. Sucks because I want the damn phone lol.

16. princ2 macrumors member

princ2

Some people are like us - and some are just 'what the hell I don't even see it' :)

17. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Yup! Believe me, I’m am all about attention to detail and notice everything especially with something this expensive.
    Here’s the blemish under back glass and another reason I returned it. Wanted to exchange again but I’m at the point where it’s like ok I have a great iPhone X so might wait for a while.

Attached Files:

18. princ2 macrumors member

princ2

Well this looks quite obvious - a dust or some other particle got stuck under the screen. Happened to few of my friends' iPads. Although they're not as OCD as me so they didn't return it.

19. Mrs. Jobs macrumors member

Mrs. Jobs

Well mine does. It’s at least as white & bright as my friends’ X’s. And all the iphone XS Max’s I have seen here are perfect too and have no yellowish screens whatsoever. This is Hong Kong btw. :)
    Wow. Mine phone only looks like that with TrueTone AND night shift on. :eek:

20. adrianlondon macrumors 65816

adrianlondon

Normally, I'd say "It's just a phone. Who cares if there's a slight bit of dust on the back of it under the glass enclosure". But this isn't "just a phone". It's a <insert expletive of choice> expensive phone. In my opinion, if Apple think that their phone is so good it's worth that crazy high price, then customers should expect it to be perfect.

Keep returning it until you get one you're happy with. If enough people do this, Apple may learn to either reduce the price or (more likely) put more effort into making them look like they're worth the price. At worst, you're helping the refurbished phones market have some stock!

21. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Apple does think there iPhone is ‘good’, but that doesn’t mean they can guarantee a ‘Perfect’ product when you mass produce 600,000 iPhones a day. That’s called mass manufacturing on A level where there will be Defects with that type of volume. So for you to think that customers should expect it to be perfect, in most cases it will be, but there will be Defects, Thats for any tech manufacturer, not just Apple. The ratio for phones not having defects is much higher than there is for defective devices, which you only hear about the worst cases on forums like this.

22. adrianlondon macrumors 65816

adrianlondon

I didn't mean to say every phone Apple made had to be perfect, I said that the customer expects a perfect phone. If they get one that isn't , they should exchange it until they get one that is. Based solely on the OP's photo of course, the blemish looks quite obvious which I would have thought would fail a "look at the phone before packaging and selling it" test.

23. dms_91 thread starter macrumors regular

dms_91

Exactly. Update, now onto my 4th iPhone XS Max try and it’s perfect. Screen isn’t yellow tint, no sharp edges and no blemishes under glass! Apple definitely should look more into their quality control especially with how expensive these phones are.