Speck Cases just emailed me and they've got 6+ stock!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bunnicula, Oct 29, 2014.

1. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Just thought I'd spread the word for anyone who wanted to get a Speck case. In fact, I ordered it an hour ago and they already sent me an email to tell me that my order shipped.

Apparently they're in limited quantities, but if anyone wanted one and had not signed up for the email, here's your chance.

Decent cases for 6+ are hard to find right now.

2. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Got the email too! Placed an order as soon as I got it. I clicked register for an account during checkout though, and for some reason it must not have gone through. So basically I can't check order status lol. But it went through because PayPal notified me of the transaction.

3. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I checked out as a guest... hmmm...

Also used PayPal. Handy, that!

I'm excited!!!

4. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Nevermind, just got the email that it shipped! That was fast!

5. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I know! I hope it comes before the end of the week. Free shipping said it was 2-5 days, but I didn't expect it to ship out this fast. So... maybe it'll come this week.

I'm using an Apple Leather case, but they're not known for their extreme comfort and the confidence that the phone is well protected. ;)

6. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Yeah USPS is actually pretty fast. I'm hoping by Saturday at the earliest, and if not then most likely Monday.

I used Apple's leather case for a few days and liked the feel, but didn't like the level of protection. I'm using the Incipio NGP right now and I love it, but I want something with just a little more protection. I had the CandyShell on my 5s and loved it.

7. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Just got my shipping email. Hopefully its here by Saturday.

8. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yeah... fingers crossed for Saturday. I had a CandyShell on my 5 and I used it for my 5s sometimes. Loved it.

9. kevwn macrumors newbie

Did anyone get the black/gray? I signed up to be notified but never got an email. They only had blue in stock when I checked the website.

10. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

I did. I think they sold out in a couple hours.

11. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I ordered one about 40 minutes after the sent me the email that they were in stock. Don't think they lasted much longer after that.

12. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I think I had mine ordered within about 15-20 minutes. I just happened to be free at that moment.

The email did say limited quantities. I totally believe it.

There's a really nice white/blue-green sort of one that they have for the 6 and I noticed today on bestbuy.com that that one is a Best Buy exclusive for the 6+... they don't have it in stock yet. If they do, I am SO going to cash in some Best Buy rewards and have my son pick it up for me... he owes his mom a nice little present, and he works there, so there's a discount. Wheee!

I tested out the new case on a 6 (we have some of both here around the house). I love it.

It's really great and it adds pretty much no real bulk. Plus, the grip is helpful with keeping the phone in hand.

13. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

I had a single $5 reward that I was waiting to use but since Speck didn't charge for shipping or tax and I was tired of waiting all this time already that I just jumped on the black/gray since thats the one I wanted anyway. I was hoping that they would allow the 20% halloween code to be used but 6/6+ cases are excluded. I tweeted to them asking but no response so far and I only expect a canned response like they gave to anyone asking when the 6/6+ cases would be out anyway.

14. bunnicula thread starter macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Hahahaha! You and I are on the same page. I tried that Halloween code, too. I figured it was an exclusion due to those being in limited supply. Hey... at least we tried. :)

15. theturtle macrumors 6502a

iStockSpeckCases.com

notifies by email when they have it in stock

16. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Estimated delivery date is Saturday November 1st!

17. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Too bad I missed out on this. They were already out of all the grip cases as of a couple of hours ago when I checked. Oh well.

18. 55test55 macrumors 6502

I just want a regular colored candyshell for the 6+.

19. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Mine is out for delivery a day early. I will post pics when it gets here along with another case that came in yesterday.

20. jkel777, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Same!

UPDATE: Just received mine. One thing I immediately noticed when I removed it from the packaging was that it was lopsided/twisted/warped. I'm not sure if it's a defect, or if it perhaps got twisted like that during the packaging process, but I was a little concerned. Nevertheless, I put it on and it fits fine. Doesn't sit flat on it's back however, which makes me think the "spinning top" problem still exists. Won't spin with the grips on the back though. I'm hoping this "warped/twisted" case won't bend my phone... Lol.

Let me know what everyone else's experience is like.

21. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Just took mine out of the packaging and mine is the same way. It doesn't sit flat, you can tap on any corner and it will move. Also spins a little bit though not much due to the grips.

Completely ridiculous that after waiting 6 weeks for the case to come out that that they can't even get it right.

I sent them a tweet so we shall wait to see what they say.

22. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

So yours was twisted out of the package too? Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. It fits totally fine on my phone, however. I removed it after about an hour and it seems the twisting is a little bit corrected.

Please keep us posted!

23. zalusky macrumors newbie

24. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

The fit and the buttons are perfect. Might be the best feeling case in the hand of you ask me. I'm gonna leave the case on my phone for about a day or so and see if it molds itself into the proper shape.