Speck Fabric case has arrived with 8 pictures. Looks great and feels even better.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bandolier, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's one of those cases that look crappy and flimsy in pictures but it feels great in my hand and very sturdy. It also looks damn good in person.

2. WilliamG macrumors G3

Don't mean to be rude, but how about some actual pictures of the case, rather than a ton of pictures of a box with a case in it, and one picture of a case with no phone in it? :p

3. urbanj macrumors regular

LOL maybe he's in the process of uploading. He said there was 8 pics..........

4. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Was this free from Apple or from somewhere else? I'm asking because this is the one I chose for my free case. They gave me an ETA of sometime in Sept.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Is that fabric material in the back glued on? If so, do you think it'll peel over time when placing in and taking out of your pocket?

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

It's an unboxing photo array!

7. eurotechnik macrumors newbie

8. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is precisely it. I figured no one would want to watch a generic unboxing video for a measly iPhone case.

"Hi, guys. This is the unboxing for the Speck Fabric case." bleh

Yes, this is one of the free cases from Apple.

Yes, it's glued on but the fabric is actually protected by the protruding edge of the case so the fabric doesn't actually touch table surfaces. It's very well done. You're thinking about it too hard and you shouldn't because I'm telling you it's great. I would think the same thing you're thinking but I have the proof in my hands.

Yes :D

9. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Careful when taking it off. I had one of these, and it cracked in two places. Then the front snapped completely in two. Speck sent me a new case as a warranty replacement.

10. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for reminding me about the warranty. Now I care less about being careful. It's kind of difficult to remove though. You always feel like you're going to break it.

11. Jashmid macrumors regular

Simple: Benny Hill soundtrack + fast playback = everybody will love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

12. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Great blurry/dark pictures of the case in a box.:rolleyes:

That 'fabric' is glued/bonded to that case. Pretty obvious, and expected actually.

I'm surprised Speck makes something like this. I guess there's a market for it.....

13. mzd macrumors 6502a

can you post some pictures of it on your iPhone?

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

15. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

The only thing Im not sure about with this case is that its a plastic 2 piece case. They should of made it a TPU-ish case like the Geometric and Pixelskin HD but with the fabric on the back.

16. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're really pompous and not as smart as you think you are. Do you know how autofocus works?

1. The pictures aren't even blurry. When the case is dark, it's because I autofocused on my TV to show that I was on MacRumors. Did it need to be anymore obvious? Why would I be trying to center attention on the case itself if the case is only taking up 10% of the space in the picture?

2. There's no doubt that it's glued, how else would it stay on? Christ Magic? The picture I took had a lot of flash that made the fabric look cheaply made and cheaply applied to the case, but it's not. It looks and feels very good. It's because the bright flash looks like it's merging with the remnants of the light parts of the fabric so it only APPEARS to be overlapping the boundary of the case.

3. There's nothing wrong with this Speck Case. Only with you.

Yes, it's in 2 pieces but you can't feel where the two pieces meet. What is this, some .16 cent case from a Hong Kong eBay seller? It's meshed very well together.

17. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the pics! This is the case I ordered from the free case program through Apple. I had one on my 3GS and I really liked it.

18. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Is the inside lined with anything so it doesn't scratch the back of the iPhone?

19. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

My bad.

What a great review with terrific photos.:rolleyes:

20. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

Due to popular request, I've now added a picture with a case on the iPhone 4.

21. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

God forbid the phone is scratched in a place NO ONE will ever see because there's a case.

But in all seriousness, the back is made of the material that feels like the outside of the box the iPhone 4 came in. The material you can scratch and then rub off with your finger. You know what I'm talking about? But like ANY case, lint can get in over time and that may scratch the back. I already rectified that contingency by putting the Stealth Guardz free skin that was in that "free for first 250 customers" skin thread. I got mine and stuck that on that back just in case.

22. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

What did Apple give you for a delivery date on that case? Did they send you an email letting you know it had shipped?

23. Bandolier thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got an email. I know what you're thinking. You're hoping they forgot to send the email somehow and your case is on its way. The email said "Delivers by August 11th". I ordered on the first day

24. Xombie11 macrumors regular

That box scratches like a mother--.

And they don't rub off.

New analogy please.