Speck Presidio Grip leaves dents on the Xs stainless band

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrInquestador, Oct 30, 2018.

1. MrInquestador macrumors regular

MrInquestador

Difficult to rub off. So frustrating.

Anyone using this case?

2. Absrnd macrumors 6502a

Absrnd

Probably has nothing to do with the type of case,
    but about all the dirt between the case and iPhone :)

3. cakebytheocean macrumors regular

I dont know about dents but if there are minor scratches then the cape cod polishing cloth available on amazon does wonders in terms of getting rid of these on the SILVER stainless steel bands (Dont try on the black stainless steel)

4. MrInquestador thread starter macrumors regular

MrInquestador

They're not scratches. They came from the rubber patterns inside the casing.

5. eneisch macrumors 6502a

If they are dents you could never "rub them off". Any chance you could post some pics? Interested to see them as i find it hard to believe the case itself could cause dents unless the phone was dropped or some sort of external pressure is being applied.

6. MrInquestador thread starter macrumors regular

MrInquestador

There’s external pressure yes because the Speck cases are super tight. So when the rubber patterns inside make contact with the stainless band, dents/marks of the rubber patterns leave the band.

7. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

A mark, a scuff, a scratch or a dent? A dent can't "rub out" and I'd be really surprised if a rubber/plastic case were able to put enough pressure on the phone to actually dent the metal. Either way, I'm not a fan of Speck in general so whatever the case is doing it's just another reason for me to avoid them.