Speck see-tru case works on MBP 13 - 2010 (bought from BestBuy) -pictures included

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mjoshi123, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

Seems lot of people looking for this one so here are images, I've got Speck see-thru case that I picked up from BestBuy last week when I went to pick up MBP 13 2010 and it works with my MBP 13 2010 without any problem with power adapter. Here is image of the same..
    [​IMG]

from side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macsr1 macrumors member

Yea, I bought that back in April when I bought my MBP. Love it.

3. Apps macrumors newbie

Apps

How do you like this case?
    I was thinking of getting the clear one too for my 15", but I've heard that they can scratch the MacBook, and the same has happened to me with similar products but for other devices.
    Let me know how good the case is and btw how much did Best Buy have them on sale for?

4. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I think it depends on your use. I had one and it trapped dirt and crud between the case and the macbook finish and started to scratch it, but I used that machine for work so it got dirty often. In a cleaner environment it would probably be ok.

Best buy sells them for $50.

5. PinkLuxe macrumors member

I don't think the question was ever "Does it work?" with the new magsafe, it was more "Does it fit properly?" The general consensus I've seen is, yes it works, and it almost fits. I can't really tell if yours is at a slight angle like the rest in previous threads, but I'm still going to wait for the new ones that Speck is releasing specifically to fit with the new magsafe (they said they'll be available in 4-5 weeks).

I'm starting to worry about the dirt some people have said gets trapped under it. Guess I'll have to research my options a bit more.

6. Apps macrumors newbie

Apps

That's exactly was I was thinking, I was thinking if it's just sitting on my desk for the most part it would be perfect but seeing as how I'm going to be carrying it around in my bag I don't want something to get in there and ruin the purpose of the case.

7. 301finest macrumors regular

That looks great. Only problem with clear is if you a neat freak, the clear case shows everything from specks, dirt, hair and ect. Thats why I have the clear and black satin.

8. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

One thing that I've noticed with this case is prior to putting on this case when I had my MBP in lap it was feeling much warmer. After I put this case up I cannot feel any heat from MBP. It might be just me but it seems I no longer need the laptop cushion to work.

9. MortalDays macrumors regular

Funny thing that your thread pops out at me when I am going through the forums.

By coincidence, I am getting this exact same case @ BestBuy today and hoping a $39.99 price match instead of $50.

I was second doubting about the case until I see your thread w/ picture. That helps me a lot! :D

10. pricej636 macrumors 6502

This is probably due to plastic not being a very good thermal conductor at all and not transferring the heat from the machine to your legs. I saw a decent increase in temps using this case. Not enough to worry about it, but noticeable.