Speck's PixelSkin HD for iPhone 5 - how loose were the loose ones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RevBus, Dec 3, 2012.

1. RevBus macrumors newbie

So I just got my PixelSkin HD in the mail - I do love it, but I was reading about some of them being loose. If I push a couple corners of my phone there is a little bit of give (sometimes). It's not really a big deal and I'm almost wondering if I'm just looking for something wrong because I read about them being loose. I'm just wondering if I should try to get a tighter one or if this is how they all are.
    The thing I like about this case is it will allow me to use the Bodyguardz Pure glass screen protector. Are there any other similar cases that will?
    I saw a Frequency case that was very similar to the PixelSkin HD, I'm wondering if that has the same bezel and is tighter than the PixelSkin HD.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

2. RevBus thread starter macrumors newbie

Playing with the case a little more, it's a sort of *click* when you push on the corners... I wonder if I do have one of the loose ones.. maybe I will email them
    I just hate returning items I've purchased online, it's a huge hassle... Maybe if I do return it I'll get a Incipio Frequency and see how that is, I hear a lot of people prefer that over the PixelSkin Hd, I just hope I can use my Bodyguardz PURE screen protector with it...

And I really like the red color of this PixelSkin HD :\

Oh well, any input would be great!

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Do you have a full body skin or a really thick back screen protector on? A click could mean that the case is too tight and can't reach over the edge of the phone, so when you press on it, it "clicks" onto the the edge of the phone where it's suppose to be.

4. RevBus thread starter macrumors newbie

The iPhone 5 is naked, except for the PixelSkin.

If I hold both ends of the phone and kind of twist it, I can feel the case give, like there is a tiny amount of space in there or something.

5. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Sounds like a loose one to me. When I had a 4S, the PixelSkin HD had no movement when it was on.

6. RevBus thread starter macrumors newbie

I hear the iPhone 5 ones are a bit different... I might order another one and return the loose one if I get a better one. That's what their customer service suggested. I might go try the Frequency case, though...
    Decisions.. decisions..