specs (of sand?) under iPhone 4 near front camera..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beedoola, Jun 18, 2012.

1. beedoola macrumors member

I have to do a headache of a carrier switch with my family - doing it Wednesday and I'll be getting an iPhone 4s - I currently have a 4. What I have to pay with the contract is a little less than what I can probably sell my iPhone 4 for used - free of contact.

I want to spruce up my iPhone's appearance so I can fetch as much money as I can for it. Its generally pretty clean, however on the front near the camera and phone speaker there are some specs that seem to be UNDER the coating. Is this possible? They're near the top of the phone so I wondered if something could have gotten in in between the silver casing strip and the "top" of the phone. How is the top portion of the phone constructed, can debris get inside? If so, is it just a matter of taking it apart?

I have a Ipod tool - does the iPhone 4 use the same?

And there are some specs on the rear of the case. Can I use super fine sandpaper to remove them?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unfortunately, the phone isn't exactly debris-proof. I have the transparent rear glass panel and I see debris (including sand) get in all the time. Most of the time, nobody notices as you can't normally see them under the panels.

If it's interfering with the camera, Apple can replace it under warranty.

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Huh:eek:

Any Sandpaper, even "super fine" will DESTROY the back glass of an iPhone. What the heck would make u think it would even remotely work?