Speculation on bigger iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jaimi, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Jaimi macrumors regular

Has there been any more hints on a bigger iphone coming? I'm checking out the new Galaxy Mega, and that looks huge and cool, but I'm tied to my Iphone - just would like it bigger, to make it easier to read books and browse the web. :)

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I do not for the life of me understand this recent mentality of "bigger is better". I hate these giant phones...every Android phone I had got bigger and bigger until for me it was downright unusable.

Anyway, the last speculation that I've seen from reputable sources is that the 5S is not going to see a dramatic redesign and will essentially include the traditional speed enhancements and maybe a fingerprint scanner but no size increases as it will continue to utilize the same iPhone 5 form factor. Thank god, too, in my opinion.

3. Jaimi thread starter macrumors regular

Well, for me bigger is better because I'm getting older. :) I understand it's probably fine for a smaller phone when your eyes are perfect but I'm getting to the stage where I'm starting to hold things a little further away. I'd like something with a 5inch screen or thereabout. I was hoping the earlier rumors of the 5X might come true (at least some point).

Android just seems weird to me, and I like all the apps I've purchased, though i suppose they're cheap enough I could just buy them again.

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I hate giant phones too, for the iphone 5S it will be like every S iphone, maybe we will see bigger iphone 6 someday :)

5. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

The main reason some like larger screen phones from Apple is that they use it as there main computer, not as a phone anymore, and like its portability, not wanting to use a computer at home for games, etc. Kids like to text friends (A lot) that may just be sitting next to one another or nearby. Like to play games, movies, music, etc, thus the main reason they complain so much about the screen size all the time.

Tim Cook mentioned not too long ago that he wanted the iPhone to be easy to use with one hand, which I agree.

Professionals/Business people want to use it for calls, some texting, and emails, but no games. Music, very little. Older adults (above 35) mostly do not want a huge iPhone either. They use it to make voice calls to keep in touch with the kids, some texting as well, or GPS, photos but no to very little games.

Some, however, in the older category also may wish for the larger phones, but they do have them now, if they would just migrate over to Android. Simple but they won't

Apple may release two iphones someday to satisfy the younger generation, but until then, they will always complain about the current size of the iPhone, instead of just heading over to the Android phones that are out already to satisfy their needs.

I like the 4S and the 5, and hope Apple never goes wider unless they release two iPhone, one for the kids and one for those that still talk on the phone. ;)

6. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

There is demand for phones if different sizes. There is not one size that is perfect for everyone. Some people have been choosing non-iPhones because the iPhone only comes in one size and they want a different sized screen.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Everything we have heard is complete speculation and rumor. I would say some of it is fabricated just to push for page hits. Fact is we know next to nothing about the next iPhone. Personally I would expect the next phone to be anything different than the iPhone 5 externally. That is unless they decide to launch multiple models.