Speed and heat of early 2008 classic vs first gen MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nph, Nov 8, 2008.

1. nph macrumors 6502a

I have a first generation intel MBP.

If you compare with the "classic" 2008 MBP that came out earlier this year how would you rate the speed and heat between the two?

Thanks

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, the difference in heat is night and day. The first gen MBPs were freaking crazily hot. They've gotten progressively cooler over the last 2 years...

3. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

4. six.four macrumors 6502

The first gen Intel CPU (core duo) is significantly inferior to the Classic MBP Penryn. CPU aside, the x1600 GPU is also significantly inferior to the 8600gt GPUs found in the penryn line. The combination of the two represent a vast improvement in performance from the first generation Intel MBP to the current Classic MBP (penryn). Remember, though, the first gen Intel MBP was released over 2 and half years ago - a long time when talking about changes in technology.

As far as heat is concerned - there is most definitely a noticeable improvement from the Core Duo line to the Penryn - but in my opinion, there is still an issue with heat.

5. six.four macrumors 6502

?

Title: Speed and heat of early 2008 classic vs first gen MBP?

6. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Sorry arisobrat, I could have sworn it was a different question. I am a dumbass. I think it's bed time for me. Apologies.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've done the same thing. No worries! :)

8. nph thread starter macrumors 6502a

So would the upgrade be noticable?

Both from a speed and heat perspective?

What about Wifi reception?
    That is extremely bad in mine. It goes up and down constantly...

Thanks