Speed Tests: Iphone 5: How Many Daily?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megapopular, Oct 8, 2012.

1. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Just curious what others are doing. I know that I have done quite a few more since I got the new iPhone 5... Probably 5-10 a day approximately, some in wifi areas but mostly in LTE or HSPA+ areas to see what kinda of speeds I'm getting. Averaging 5 a day at 8.5 mbs a test using Speedtest app you'd use over 1gb a month just from doing tests alone! For some that will hurt their monthly usage so just keep that in mind.

I'm sure we'll be doing far less speed tests as time passes so it won't be a big shock. I noticed a lot of people showing higher than normal usage and figured that this could easily be a part of some peoples boost in data usage.

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

What's the point of wasting data by doing endless speed tests? Why not just use the Internet and enjoy the speed?

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Very good question.

4. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

That's why I deleted the speedtest app, and just enjoy my iPhone! :apple:

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Likewise, I have done the same. It is what it is.

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

You're doing too many speed tests. I did a couple when I first got the phone to see what kinds of speeds I was getting on AT&T LTE, but I don't do them anymore, why would I?

7. alnova1 macrumors member

alnova1

I'm going to try one tomorrow but only because I'm going to an LTE area with AT&T. No LTE where I am but as a rule I don't do them anymore.

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I usually do around 1 a day.

In my area I've clocked AT&T's "4G" (HSPA+) at over 10mb download.. was pretty surprised and impressed.

9. megapopular thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some people look in the mirror lots of times throughout the day, some people check their calendar lots of times throughout the day, some people want to see if the speeds they're paying for are where they need to be at.

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I enjoying testing the LTE speeds in different areas - maybe done 25 tests with speedtest since I received my ip5