Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imspace2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2001
Maryland
I have a 2624 Speedstream wireless router plugged into my Verizon DSL how do I need to configure my OS X mac to recieve internet through the router? and what is that uplink button on the back for?

I am using the ethernet port on the iMac not airport the speedstream router has 1 wan port, 4 lan ports, a printer port and a wireless antenna

mrjamin

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2003
Strongbadia
Re: Speedstream Router!!! Help with snow iMac!!!

Originally posted by imspace2
I have a 2624 Speedstream wireless router plugged into my Verizon DSL how do I need to configure my OS X mac to recieve internet through the router? and what is that uplink button on the back for?

from the title of this thread, i thought your router/iMac were trying to kill you or something.

generally you turn your airport card on and it'll pick up the network (thats if your routers working properly).

as for the uplink button - when its depressed, you can plug a regular ethernet cable into either the first or last port (check your documentation) and you can link it to a hub so more you can make more ports available. I'm guessing your router will let you uplink to a WAP (wireless access point) as well if its got an uplink button.

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
I had this exact router, and although its a web based interface, it would never configure for me execpt on a PC. I had a buddy configure it, (we had static ip's and what not), took it back from his room over to mine, hooked it up tp the powermac and it worked fine. So i think your gonna need a PC. (be careful too, i did siemens last firmware upgrade and it killed the router, left it totally dead. I know have a dlink that i find to be really great)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.