Spell Number, yet another Emoji enabler and it is free now

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by waterlou, Feb 4, 2009.

1. bettykoyle macrumors regular

2. likwidplastik macrumors member

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Works on 2.2.1

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

haha, finally.. been waiting on that "other" one for to long..

tested and working :D

4. ILBandit macrumors regular

COOL! Thanks for the info. got it working on mine now also.
    Will these Emoji's only be visible on iphones? or will it work if you text someone with a regular cellphone also?
    I sent myself an email to home, from the iphone, and they didn't show up on it looking at it on the laptop. just a bunch of squares where the pics should be. But they show just fine if I look at the email on my iphone.
    Have you tried it out on text to other phones yet?

5. waterlou thread starter macrumors newbie

The emoji icon should works only on iPhone 2.2 or above and most japanese mobile phone. It is actually a specific unicode font that you can only able to view in on iPhone right now.

6. ILBandit macrumors regular

OK, thanks. that's kinda what I figured. Is it the same with all of the other ones that unlock the emoji also? I assume they are ALL iphone code only?
    It would be cool if there were some that would work for anything.

7. waterlou thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, currently all apps, both in AppStore or Cydia use the same method to unlock Emoji keyboard.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This is becoming very interesting. People are now slipping secret codes into legit apps to enabling blocked function. I wonder what apple thinks about this? Can they afford to look at each app, line-by-line, looking for easter egg codes? I wonder how far people can take this?

9. b5jay macrumors newbie

this was a great way to enable emoji without Apple actually noticing!

im glad i waited because i was about to buy typing genius and also got sick of waiting forever for frostyplace to update haha.

btw im sure people will take it as far as Apple will get sick of getting apps that unlock emoji that in the next update they will just enable it for everyone.

10. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

11. nfrs2000 macrumors member

nfrs2000

Niiiice!

I got Frostyplace and it never worked and now the stupid Jap keyboard wont disappear even though its off? Anyone know how to get it so it wont be on my international keyboard? Thanks