Spicer Shocks Audience on Last Night's Emmys

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 18, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Mixed feelings about him poking fun of the fact that he flat out lied for POTUS many times. But this was funny.

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Good on him for having fun with the joke.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I did not watch the Emmy's. But that was hilarious!

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Shawn Spicer makes a post Trump career emphasizing how often he lied for Supreme Leader, hilarious! :rolleyes::oops:

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Hence the mixed feelings.

6. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

The reaction of people in the audience ...
    ScreenShot00035.png

ScreenShot00036.png ScreenShot00037.png ScreenShot00039.png ScreenShot00041.png

ScreenShot00038.png

ScreenShot00040.png

This calls for memes. Summoning local meme master @jkcerda to show his skills.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

8. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

No one should be shocked that he had to lie for Trump. That seemed pretty obvious. I honestly felt bad for him occasionally. I don't think I could do the job of lying for Trump, but someone has to do it.

9. SusanK macrumors 68000

That's the great thing about Sanders. No way to feel badly for her. She obviously enjoys the lying big mouth role.

10. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

Snowflakes having fun at the snowflake awards.

11. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

You shouldn’t feel bad for him. He always sounded like he had some anger management issues. Working for Trump entails lying for a living. He should have already known that.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    Were you not invited?

12. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Snowflakes in the White House. Snowflakes posting on this forum because they have nothing better to say than calling someone snowflakes.

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

My understanding is you weren't alone and that the ratings were fitting for the group who thinks they are political experts. I guess maybe people actually thought they were going to tune into Hollywood Actors not wannabe political commentators. Perhaps at some point they will realize that they are legends in their own minds if they think anyone but already liberal folks give two cents what their opinions on politics are.

14. eatrains macrumors 6502

Aww, did those mean tv stars hurt your feelings by making fun of Dear Leader? Chin up, kiddo.

15. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Honestly not sure how I felt about it? He flat out lied, repeatedly, to the American people.

Not sure I'm 'ready' to laugh with him just yet.

16. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Then just laught at him like the rest of us.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

So you're not a James Woods fan then?

18. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

19. Zenithal macrumors 604

No one cares about the Emmys. People like the Oscars more. There was or still is the notion that a TV actor/actress couldn't cut it in film so they got TV roles instead or they couldn't book films anymore. That said, we didn't watch it either. We barely watch the Oscars, and by that I mean I find a need to constantly get up and get food or drinks. Awards shows are so boring.

Anyway, I feel like Hollywood is parading around an idiot. Sean Spicer isn't an idiot, he knows fully well he lied for a pathological liar. Sean Spicer is the town [Hollywood] bicycle.

Apart from Melissa McCarthy, Colbert and Alec Baldwin, I couldn't tell you the names of 99% of those people. Then again I know very few film actors. Mainly ones who work on sequels and whatnot.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Ratings have declined since 2013. Nothing to see here really.

The irony, right? Facts only matter when it's not coming from Trump or his colleagues.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    Pretty sure there were more movie stars there last night than TV. Because of streaming services - the line between the two are quite narrow.

21. Zenithal macrumors 604

I don't know. I mean, I only recognize people like Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, DeNiro, et al. I forgot Kevin Spacey in one of those shots from an earlier post, cackling his head off. I never cared enough to learn actors names.

22. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

I see Spicer as a decent man who had an impossible job. Good that he was able to poke fun at himself.

23. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So Sean Spicer is now a snowflake? Interesting.

A decent man wouldn't collect a paycheck from the American taxpayers only to turn around and lie to them in return. That's the problem I have with him. And the hypocrisy. Spicer, like most on the right, like to condem Hollywood, but then what does Spicer do first chance he gets? Flies to the west coast to be on stage at a hollywood awards show. :rolleyes:

And no doubt Trump would do the exact same given the fact he has even appeared in a movie before. Condem Hollywood while in office, work and hobknob with them while not. I hate that hypocrisy.

24. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

It was Spicer's job to defend the president and to explain his agenda. What was he going to do, disagree with Trump and call him out? That's not his job.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I think Spicer did his best at the job he was assigned. And I think the fact that he resigned and wasn't fired speaks volumes.