Spigen: “Open Apple” or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by srowndedbyh2o, Sep 15, 2014.

1. srowndedbyh2o macrumors regular

I really like the look of both the Spigen Neo Hybrid, and Neo Hybrid Metal with the Apple logo showing. I’m favoring the look of the Hybrid Metal, but concerned that dirt/dust may migrate under the back of the case through the “Open Apple” causing scratching on the back of the phone, or the Apple logo itself may get scratched.
    Anyone used a case with this Open Apple design? Any problems?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Doesn't it have a film across the hole? If not you could get a rear protector.

3. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Or leave the film on that comes on the phone. That's what i did with 5s

4. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I like the apple showing. I'll get a back protector.
    I have the metal and the hybrid.. (And the ultra & tough armor)
    I have the tough armor on my 5 with a protector. I haven't noticed crap in there when I take that case off

5. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I like the Hybrid Metal one but I don't like the open hole. I thought about cutting a spare protector and placing around the apple logo then put the case on. Will prevent it from getting scratched or nicked.

I read that this case is a 2 piece though so i'm not happy about that either. I'd rather it be a solid 1 piece.

6. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

I have the Slim Armor S for my 5s and it's a two piece case. I wouldn't worry because Spigen cases are pretty snug. It won't come off like you think it will. What I do like is that you don't see a lot of dust or debris collecting behind the case. I switch my cases up a lot (using 3 spigen cases) and when I remove the cases I don't see any stuff on the back of them.

You should be fine with a two part case

7. volntitan macrumors 6502