Spigen against free use of headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jammerz, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jammerz macrumors regular

So I've bought the hybrid ex metal from Spigen in the past, and returned it because it wasnt compatible with any of the headphones other than the apple earpods. Now Spigen is saying on all of their cases that the only headphones that are compatible with Spigen products are the apple earpods and the L-shaped plugs that have a 6.17mm diameter like the bests by Dre.

Is anyone else troubled by this? I use Skullcandys because of my need for ear buds. Regular headphones fall out of my ears.

Their products are really stylish and nice, and I understand that their minimalistic cases do not allow for the headphone jack hole to be bigger due to ease of breakage. Just seems like you can't have your cake and eat it too.

----------

LOL I guess this is a rant rather than a comment.

2. rjbeh macrumors regular

yep gotta agree with you, but i don't complain much cause i bought myself an extender jack which works fine with all the spigen cases so i'm all good :)

3. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Any headphones with the slim plug will work. I use klipsch headphones and they work. The ones that have issues are the large plugs like on full size cans.