Spigen Air Cushion Hybrid Case Bumper (Metal Slate color) - Photos on phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aarontsuru, Sep 24, 2014.

1. aarontsuru, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

aarontsuru macrumors regular

aarontsuru

More of a lurker than a poster, but figured some would be interested in what this case looks like on an iPhone 6. As the title says, it's the Spigen Air Cushion Hybrid Case Bumper blah blah blah (Metal Slate color)

Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=t0ffd-20&linkId=OTVXERSL544BLTHS

Corrected link - http://tinyurl.com/n3dho28

It's snug, adds some much needed grip on the sides and back, is thicker than the super thin cases, but doesn't add TOO much bulk. To me, it's a nice balance of thin & light but protective.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have any questions about it, let me know and I'll try to answer.

<3

2. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I've got one of those ordered as well, gunmetal instead of slate. Taking forever for Spigen to actually ship it though.

How's the give on the buttons? That's always my biggest worry with a case, if the buttons become hard to push it's a deal breaker for me.

3. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

I have this case too and like it so far (gray on the Space Gray phone). Grip is good. Buttons are just fine to push, although they can be tough to find since they are flush with the rest of the bumper. Given that I'm still trying to re-learn where the power button is, it can sometimes be a challenge to put the phone to sleep.

Otherwise, no complaints!

4. aarontsuru thread starter macrumors regular

aarontsuru

Buttons are good. Miss the "tactile feeling" of where the buttons are (the slight engraving of the PWR, +, and - are okay, but very subtle). Basically, when you press one of those buttons, the bumper part just gives to allow the press.

Also, I did Amazon prime when they still had stock, 2 days, boom!
    =)

----------

Agreed! The iPhone 6 is super slippery, so the rubbery bumper + the slightly more "sticky" back is a welcome add.

5. scorpio333 macrumors member

Spigen + Amazon = Fail. They took my money on the 12th for an "In Stock" item. On the 17th they told me I'd have it between the 18th and 23rd. It just shipped TODAY and won't arrive until next week. That amounts to what falls out of a bull's butt. Set an expectation, follow through on it.

6. aarontsuru thread starter macrumors regular

aarontsuru

I've ordered Spigen a few times through Amazon with no issues. Maybe they are going through a demand crunch with the new phones??

7. PixieGirl macrumors member

I'm now having an issue ordering my 2nd Spigen air cushion case through Amazon. It was suppose to ship 3 days ago...it's still preparing for shipment.

8. shadowgirl macrumors regular

Lol, funny because I ordered first of last week and after two days it hadn't been shipped, so I emailed them saying expedited was supposed to be 1-3 days and next thing I know, I got a shipment notice lol. I get the feeling they are overwhelmed lol. However, I ordered the Ringke Fusion though today and am probably going to switch to it when it is in.

9. aarontsuru, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014

aarontsuru thread starter macrumors regular

aarontsuru

Dang! Looks like they are now at a 10/20 re-stock date on mine! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=t0ffd-20&linkId=A25ZXLY2DDAZHELA - crazy!

10. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Mine was just shipped today. I ordered regular shipping. I already have an Apple case on this thing so I'm not in a hurry, but I do want to give this one a spin and see how it looks and feels. I may end up returning it though.

11. xchric macrumors newbie

Thank you for the review.

is the back of the case think enough to protect the camera?

12. scorpio333 macrumors member

When they say in stock and then tell you when to expect it, that's what the buyer should expect. Like they didn't "get overwhelmed" for the 5 or 5s? They never saw this coming??? That's an excuse and not acceptable. They could make it right, but so far they won't even respond which is worse than the delay.

13. weareborg macrumors newbie

I have this ordered in the clear color-- glad to see it looks nice OP. Anyone already have it in clear ? I'm curious how the bumper part will look in person. FYI, I ordered the 12th and the expected delivery is the 27th.

14. dancedreamfly macrumors member

In case anyone would like to see the gunmetal, here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. shadowgirl, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014

shadowgirl macrumors regular

Oh wow too bad. After I did that and then it was shipped, I got mine Saturday. But any of the others I am interested in are now out to mid to late Oct.

16. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502a

JonathanK81

I received my all clear Spigen Hybrid today. I ordered it on the 19th, it shipped yesterday and arrived today. It was bought on Amazon's website, but shipped by Spigen, so not via Prime. It came in a rather quick manner. They originally stated a much later timeframe, I'm quite content.

17. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

How is the bezel on this phone? Good protection lifted?

18. aarontsuru thread starter macrumors regular

aarontsuru

Not sure I understand you 100%, but the case has enough lip to protect the screen and it only partially covers the bezels, but I think the photos show that.

I have a tempered glass screen protector on the phone and there's still the tiniest of smidgens of space between the screen & the table when I lay it face down. It's nearly flush but noooooooot quite.

Hope that helps!

19. IFortWorth macrumors member

IFortWorth

I went with the Spigen Neo Hybrid (Gunmetal) from Amazon. Put it on the phone pretty much as soon as it came out of the box. Seems to fit really nicely. I'm hoping the plastic piece around the edge helps strengthen the bending issue, but I'm not sure how much strength this case adds. I do like the feel and it should protect the camera and screen rather well. I will order an OtterBox when they become available. I like having a stronger case available for when I do things other than sit at my desk.

Attached Files:

20. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I can confirm this. I got mine today. Personally I think it's a little too close to flush for my tastes, and the case is less grippy than my Apple leather case, but I'll keep it around as a backup or in case I get bored and want to change the look. On the plus side, the buttons are very easy to press, and I didn't have much trouble finding them even though they don't stick out from the sides of the case.

21. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I bought my wife and I the black and clear versions of this case (both from Amazon and they delivered before launch day). While I like the color of the black (mine), I do not like the grip as much. The black has more of a matte finish on the border which makes it more slippery in my hand to hold. The clear version has a more glossy border which makes it more tacky in my hand (preferred). I'd imagine your metal slate version is the same finish as my black one.

Unless someone knows a good easy way to make the black border more tacky (without really screwing it up), I think I'm going to send it back and get another clear one.

22. ihonda macrumors 68000

camera sticks out or not? conflicting reports.... amazon reviews say yes

23. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

24. ihonda macrumors 68000

figured as much, amazon reviews say camera sticks out. ordered a mint one for the wife should be here in a few, ill order gun metal if hers works fine.