Spot in pictures on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pssmith84, Oct 13, 2013.

1. pssmith84 macrumors regular

So all of a sudden today there is a strange spot on my pictures and I don't know what's going on. I can't see any dust under my lens or anything. If I zoom, the spot goes away.

On the left you can see the spot inside the circle, and on the right is a zoomed picture with no spot.

[​IMG]

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

3. pssmith84 thread starter macrumors regular

I figured I'd get at least one comment like that. Lol. Sadly it's not on the carpet. That was just the picture I decided to use as a quick example.

4. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Dust in the lens. I had that happen on my iPhone 5. Apple replaced it no questions asked.

5. pssmith84 thread starter macrumors regular

I've looked as close as possible and just can't see any dust. Sadly I'm a month past warranty so no replacement for me.

Anyone know a way to get dust out? Maybe my eyes just aren't good enough to see it.

6. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

If you can, go to an Apple store - they'll likely help you... especially since you're only a month over.

8. pssmith84 thread starter macrumors regular

I might do that. Sadly the closest one is 1.5 hours from me, but it would be worth the drive if I can take photos again after.

9. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

dust under the lens will only have a noticeable affect on certain photos. Certainly doesn't mean that photos you need to look perfect can't be quickly edited in photoshop.