Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
First off sorry if this already has a thread, I have done several searches but just incase I am getting the apology in now :p

I used to subscribe to Napster to Go as it was great for my eclectic taste and I could download unlimited tracks for a set amount. Now the UK branch like it's American cousin is under Rapsody and a lot of the albums I had aren't on there. Anyway sorry I am waffling.

I am trying Spotify and the good points are really good. The 320kps tracks and so on but I just don't understand why there is not graphic equaliser on the iPhone app? I have some fairly high end Grado 10 in ears but it sounds not as good as Napster tracks which are only 192kps but has am EQ.

Does anyone know if Spotify are planning an EQ? I notice on their own forums people have been asking this for many years with no response. The company must make a tidy packet so why not give what so many have asked for? I guess Apple could be better and allow their iPod app eq transfer to Spotify. I don't even mind if it is like the iPod EQ and just get presets. Anything is better than nothing! It is not just the bass lacking in the rock and dance, it is the top end of the classics and the middle of the jazz numbers that all need help.

PJ

PJ.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
that's a good question I like the idea email and ask them. I think I might to.

Thanks, I have tweeted them and messages on their forum but I guess if they have ignored a five page thread started years ago plus many more they won't listen to me. I am going back to Napster for now and just have to bite the bullet and get a new mp3 player and pay more for my music.

PJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.