Spotify issue on iOS 11.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Chris_H0928, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Chris_H0928 macrumors member

Has anyone else noticed that when using Spotify on 11.0.2 you’re not able to control your music from the locked home screen or from the pull-up control center? Mine just lists Music and both the back and forward playback buttons are grayed out. It wasn’t always like this. It just started happening. I didn’t change any settings. Anyone else?

2. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I highly recommend Apple Music over Spotify. You'll Enjoy a more seamless experience across all your devices, a bigger music library, more exclusives, and the sound quality is much better than Spotify.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

have you tried rebooting your phone? or try uninstalling/reinstalling spotify (make sure you know your login info!)...
    --- Post Merged, Oct 6, 2017 ---
    the sound quality is not better at all, it's very similar. i had both for a brief time, but decided to stay with spotify. it's like a mac vs pc argument: pointless, and no one wins (or, for that matter, loses).

4. Chris_H0928 thread starter macrumors member

Just tied both. No dice.

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

ah, not sure then (and am on the 11.1 beta... where it is working). anyone else?

6. Chris_H0928 thread starter macrumors member

A second reboot worked. But I don’t wanna keep rebooting this phone multiple times a day. We need a new iOS release ASAP.

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

ok, see how things go. ideally, it will now just work (and you won't have to keep rebooting). we all experience quirks, issues... and sometimes, a reboot (or two) might be a fix. anyway, good luck with it.

8. Chris_H0928 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!