Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjotwani

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
after iOS 9.1 whenever I search for any contact in spotlight, it shows up but on clicking it, the contacts app opens with the previous contact which was selected.

Is anyone facing this issue?

Sleaka J

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2015
I just tried it out, I don't end up with that. It always opens up the one I've selected.

On another note. Let's say I start typing "br" as the first 2 letters to look up a mate of mine "Brett", Chrome and Firefox come up as options under Applications. There's no B in either of them!!

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
That's most likely because full name of the Chrome app is Chrome Web Browser, so Spotlight picks it with 'br'.
Have you got Firefox on iPhone?

I just tried it out, I don't end up with that. It always opens up the one I've selected.

On another note. Let's say I start typing "br" as the first 2 letters to look up a mate of mine "Brett", Chrome and Firefox come up as options under Applications. There's no B in either of them!!

Sleaka J

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2015
That's most likely because full name of the Chrome app is Chrome Web Browser, so Spotlight picks it with 'br'.
Have you got Firefox on iPhone?

That makes sense, it doesn't show the long name on the phone or tablet, but it is shown under iTunes.

Firefox for iOS is available here in Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.