Spotlight Search VERY slow to prompt for Web or Wiki search?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lazerbrains, Nov 21, 2011.

1. lazerbrains macrumors regular

lazerbrains

I have an iPhone 4 (not 4S) running OS 5.0.1. My wife has the fact same phone. When she goes to the Spotlight search window, and begins typing, it immediately offers a "Search Web" and "Search Wikipedia". Mine however, doesn't show these options right away, and sometimes takes up to 5 -10 seconds for them to appear. (unreasonably long when you are just sitting there waiting to push the button.)

Does anyone know why mine would be so slow, but my wires (same exact iPhone) is instant? Any solutions on how to fix it? This delay makes Spotlight almost useless, unless I am simply looking for information on my phone.

2. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

You should go to setting/ general and spotlight Search
    [​IMG]
    And check what you on to spotlight I got only my apps, because I have too many SMSs and other things that I don't erase so it works fine for me , btw I only have 200 apps

3. lazerbrains thread starter macrumors regular

lazerbrains

Thanks for the tip. I did deactivate everything but Applications and Contacts. And now it seems to work fine. However, isn't this supposed to work for everything? Seems like it is kind of ridiculous to have to limit your search parameters so much to have it work right? Seems counter intuitive to have to go to settings to switch these parameters everytime you want to search specific things. Does anyone else have a solution that doesn't require doing this?

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Well yeah that's truth but if you got a lot emails (I get around 50 at day ) , SMS ( maybe 200+ daily) and other stuff it would be clutter try to use spotlight or search on your Mac or pc and you will see the iPhone is just as fast IMO