Sprint 3G Data Update - I'm now working properly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TableSyrup, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TableSyrup macrumors 6502

Ok, so, my Launch Day 16GB White iPhone 5 refused to use cellular data.

Went to an Apple Retail Store Genius Bar appointment that same weekend.

Genius was confused as well, and replaced the phone.

Restored the phone and was having the same issue.
    (No cellular data, no message, nothing, just timing out attempting to use it)

So, the verdict was give it some time to provision, etc.
    Resetting network, etc etc had no effect.

Since then, I've had multiple conversations with Sprint to no avail.
    Multiple attempts reprovisioning, setting up new, restoring, etc etc... nothing.

Today I finally had enough, called Sprint again, and made it clear that if it wasn't going to be resolved, that I wanted a credit to my account for the data I haven't been able to use (Unlimited everything plan), and also a FULL refund on the phone.

They said 'let's try one more time' and I wiped my phone, restored, pushed reprovisioning to my phone twice, and Tadda..... I'm now working properly on cellular data.

They wouldn't say if they were aware of widespread iP5 issues, or if anything was changed or 'fixed' but they were adamant and determined to reprovision, and it worked.

So, for those having issues with Sprint Cellular Data (2/3G), give them a shout again.
    I'm confident that they have changed something or fixed some glitch on their end, without admitting it.

I realize that their cellular data (non-LTE) is pretty shotty, but I can stream netflix and youtube, so it's 'good enough'

Just thought I'd post up for those having issues. Something obviously changed recently, at least where I am (Minneapolis MN)

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Glad to hear they were able to help you.

3. richmds macrumors regular

Thats good news. Hope you enjoy your phone.

Funny when I was on Sprint and the iPhone was not getting data and I said I wanted a refund, they said ok and just started the process. No attempt to keep me.