Sprint 5c resetting timezone incorrectly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Romac, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Romac macrumors member

Just got my 32gb 5c this morning, I'm in Louisville Kentucky. The phone constantly resets its timezone to Chicago when it's on automatic...and it won't pick up lte unless it does that. What could this be? Tried factory reset and resetting network settings. Any ideas?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Do you have Location Services on? My guess here would be that if that is off the network is trying to read your location based on IP address. If the Sprint gateway you are connected to is in Chicago then it would show Chicago.

This is just speculation. I don't know the real problem. Do you have any more details that you think may be relevant?

3. Romac thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for replying! Location services are indeed on. I can't think of any other relative information off the top of my head. This is very frustrating though

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, totally get that. I would take your iPhone in to Apple and have them look at it. They can do that free, even if you bought it from Sprint. Maybe the GPS is whacked or something.

That would be where I would start. Avoid either calling or having to go to a Sprint store if you can do it. You're likely to be on the phone for a long time before someone can get you the right person and unless there is a local corporate Sprint repair store you might be in for a wait.

I've had Sprint screw up the time with my HTC Touch Pro that required an intricate bazillion step process to fix that I found online, but Sprint didn't even know about. Never mind that it was a Sprint tech that solved it and posted it online…but anyway. Never had Sprint relocate me like that though.

Of course, it could always just be the Network Vision upgrades, but your problem would be a new one for me.

5. Romac thread starter macrumors member

I had the displeasure of sprints problem solving years ago with my junky evo, I will avoid them at all costs. I bought it at best buy. I work with a guy that's also an apple tech at our (only) apple store. He messed with it tonight for a while to no avail. He's very interested to see what it is. It sucks to get something I was excited about and have it not be right. I'll definitely try apple or perhaps exchange at best buy if needed :(

6. Romac thread starter macrumors member

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5324899?start=0&tstart=0

I spoke to Sprint on my break, it's a glitch/bug whatever with the combination of the new iOS and they're incomplete/still in progress LTE rollouts. My sprint cs rep said they're very much aware of the issue and the only immediate solution is to set it to manual time until they reach a solution

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

God, what a joke! That sucks man. I feel for you, brand new iPhone and you can't use it right because Sprint can't get it together! Hope they hurry up and upgrade your area soon. Wait, soon doesn't mean what it should when it comes to Sprint.

Maybe immediately?!

Any way, good luck!