"Sprint Advising Employees to Remain Mum on iPhone" (Sprint Feed)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonrando, Aug 28, 2011.

1. edk99 macrumors 6502a

What is there to discuss?? Until it is *officially* announced by Apple or Sprint employees can't talk about it.

2. jonrando thread starter macrumors 6502a

To discuss the fact that they are advising employees about this.

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If you want to create a discussion thread, you are going to have to do your part too.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

They are responding to the news from this weeks WSJ that is speculating that Sprint will be getting the new iPhone, Sprint is advising its employee's on how to respond to customers inquires.

This is not evidence that they are or are not going to be getting the new iPhone, if the WSJ would have said that Sprint will be getting a Galaxy S tablet (is this a real tablet? I can't keep up :)) soon, they would have sent out a similar memo.

I'm sure T-Mobile sends out similar memos, their just not published.

6. jonrando thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sheesh, give me a break. Just reporting some news...

Want my part? Here's my part.

I find it interesting that they are acknowledging the report and that they aren't denying the rumours or accepting them as the truth, like the article says, which makes it seem like they will be announcing it.

7. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Is iPhone on Sprint exciting?

Somehow I doubt they will let people use their $70 unlimited everything plan with the iPhone (because they don't let you do this with their premium 4G android phones)

What does Sprint offer an iPhone user that AT&T and Verizon do not already offer?

8. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

We can discuss our opinion and views about this topic.

9. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

I work for Sprint..we are not allowed to say anything in regards to an iPhone release, as it has not been announced. We will not know until they announce it just like they did for Verizon earlier this year. Basically they gave us a set of scripting we can use to tell you we cannot speak on unannounced/unreleased products. If you think that is confirmation we are getting it, that is silly of you. Agents will be the last people to know we got the iPhone until it is all said and done. Hell Phonescoop will probably know before Sprint agents. If you get an agent that says we are..they are lying, as it hasn't been announced.

Our scripting refers them to either visit http://newsroom.sprint.com/?INTNAV=ATG:FT:News or http://newsroom.sprint.com/media-contacts/ if you are part of the media.

10. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

11. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Yet you made a post about it..:rolleyes:

12. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

And you responded to it :rolleyes:

13. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

That makes zero sense, I actually care about this topic as I want to switch to Sprint.

If I posted a response like yours in every thread I don't care about I'd be making a 1000 posts a day, if you don't care, move along to something you do care about. I just don't understand why some people feel the need to tell others about stuff they don't care about, it just clogs up threads and is a waste.

14. jonrando thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. Deerthomas macrumors newbie

Confirmed

I was told by a friend/Sprint owner that without a doubt, Sprint will have the iPhone available by end of October.

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad