Sprint billed Applecare+ to my account w/out me knowing and w/out my approval

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pirarre, Oct 15, 2011.

1. pirarre macrumors 6502

I got my iphone 4s from the Sprint store out here where live. When I looked at my account last night the bill was $223. Now it's $336 (I believe). I called Sprint to see why my bill went up a hundred dollars or so. The Rep told me it was because I purchased Applecare+. I told the rep that I didn't buy the Applecare+ and that it wasn't even brought up when I bought the phone yesterday. He told me that he saw it on my account. I told him that I paid with my credit card and I thought Sprint stopped the option to bill to the account. I went and got my receipt and noticed at the bottom under services, the last thing noted is Applecare+ issued by ACSC, Inc. However, when I check the status of the Applecare+ protection plan on Apple's Website, it doesn't list my phone as having Applecare+ protection. Do it take time before it's actually activated?

I'm not pissed about the matter of me having it because I was going to get it next week anyways. I'm pissed because the rep just put placed this on my account without consulting with me.

Have this happened to anyone else that went to the Sprint Store to get their phones, where Sprint just billed the Applecare+ to your account without you knowing?

2. Bx718 macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me, and Im FIGHTING MAD!! I called Sprint and the lady told me to take my receipt back to the store of origin and have them call it in and it would be credited back to my account. Seems that SPRINT is COUNTING on people loosing or throwing away their receipts with that Apple care on it so they can re-charge them for it. Luckily, I had my receipt emailed to me after it was processed.