(Sprint) Cannot use Wifi - But can use 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garvorious, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Garvorious macrumors newbie

Hello,

After jailbreaking my iPhone, I noticed after trying to access Cydia or the App Store, they continuously load forever, or give me the "cannot access to server" error.

I thought I did something wrong during jailbreak/installation, however, I realized it was my internet.

Now, if I attempt to connect to applications/safari/app store/cydia via 3G (I have Sprint), everything works like normal. The downloads are slow, and I cannot download any application that are 50MB or higher (unless I have Wifi)

Now, when I connect to my Wifi network, things stop working. I can no longer access the App Store/Cydia (infinite loading), and if I restart springboard, it works for a moment, then goes back to the freezing, and applications "install" forever as well (they don't download). Safari also gives me "cannot access server" errors when I google something.

Now, I have no idea what I did wrong, but is it the iOS problem? Or is there a simple fix I can do?

I've tried these method:

Full factory reset restore
    Hard reset (home + lock)
    "Renew Lease"
    Reset Network Settings

Each come with the same results - nothing.

Any more tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

2. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Have you tried more than one wifi network. Because it may be the network. I know my iPhone's internet connection always craps out when it tries to connect to AT&T wifi networks in Starbucks.

3. Garvorious, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

Garvorious thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tired using my other Wifi and I managed to get connection to download speedtest app.

However, when I connect back to the wifi I was having trouble with, it's showing I have ping, download, and upload speeds. Meaning it's connecting with the internet, but for some reason it refuses to do anything.

Edit: Now it won't find a server.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

DumbQ: Do you have any other devices on this WIFI? Have u done any configuration to it lately? Do you have admin access to this WIFI?

5. Garvorious thread starter macrumors newbie

Several computers, yes. But my iPhone on iOS 5 and below (not to mention my iPad prior iOS6) never had this issue before.

Configuation to the router or my iPhone? I upgraded to iOS 6 and Jailbroke it using envasi0n 1.4.

I do have admin access to the wifi.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Not before, RIGHT NOW, if you other devices can do WIFI then there's something wrong with the phone.

7. Garvorious thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, which is why I want to know what I need to do to fix this issue...
    iOS 6 has been nothing but trouble for me.

8. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I remember reading a post where the user had to reset the router and the iphone in order to get a stable connection. Maybe try that?

9. Garvorious thread starter macrumors newbie

Did that too, same results.
    This is really bothering me.