Sprint Contract Buy out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoney Baloney, Oct 5, 2014.

1. iPhoney Baloney macrumors member

iPhoney Baloney

Has anyone here actually done this? Sprint says they will buy you out of your current provider plan and for $50-$60 per month you get unlimited talk, text, and data. If its true I would drop AT&T in a heartbeat. I'm paying about $73/month for only 2 gigs of data. Thanks for any info.

2. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

The deal is legit, but check the coverage maps and ask around. Having gigabytes of data available to use doesn't help you much if you can't pull in a data signal in the areas that you live/travel.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Check out www.rootmetrics.com to check Sprint speeds in your area too before switching. Sprint's biggest problem is poor to unusable speeds in areas where they do have coverage.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Also check out the term of the promotions, Sprint has cut the prices of their services, but I believe that's just for one of the two year contract. Read the fine print, and make sure the coverage in your area is sufficient.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This is what you're looking at in a non-finished Network Vision upgrade Sprint market.

My market is 59% LTE accepted and this is a good day. Do your research and do NOT use Sprint's maps. If you aren't in a Spark market and the market is not complete you are liable to share my speeds.

Attached Files:

6. fastblack macrumors regular

Sprint is horrible. Go with tmobile if you want a provider to buy out your contract.

7. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I did that. Sprint is paying my ETF and I was able to jump in a family plan with 40GB for $100 + $15 per phone.

So far I have used 8GB on my iPhone 6. When I have LTE the speeds are good but on 3G it hurts.

8. iPhoney Baloney thread starter macrumors member

iPhoney Baloney

Thanks everyone. I checked out Sprints coverage in my area(north shore LI) and it's not good. AT&T coverage by my home is terrible also but at least they gave me a microcell that works well. Going to give T-Mobile a look.