Sprint ETF = Clean esn?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iag48, Feb 22, 2012.

1. iag48 macrumors regular

I've searched around Google for a while but could not find a concrete answer and I would call Sprint but its past midnight here.

My data speeds here in NYC are not as bad as the horror stories I've read so sprint will not waive the ETF. If I pay the ETF of $350, is the phone mine to keep and will it have a clean ESN?

If I get to keep and its clean then I can recoup the $350 by selling it.

Thanks

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yes if you pay your etf to get out of your contract the esn will be clean.

3. iag48 thread starter macrumors regular

Jordan, do you know if paying the ETF and exiting the contract will affect one's credit score?

4. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

No it wont affect your credit score but when and if you get a month by month plan on any other carrier (NOT PREPAID) they will run your credit that will negatively affect it not breaking it because you payed the ETF

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

The answer is no.

6. Bob Sanders macrumors member

I still can't figure out this gibberish after reading it 4 times. :confused:

7. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Not Paying the ETF will affect your score. Paying your debts will not.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

False

9. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

As long as you pay the ETF your credit score won't be affected.When you go to get cell service again from any carrier if its a "Pay Montly" off contract plan they will still run your credit which will affect score. Better?

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

One company pulling a credit report does not have a negative impact on your credit report. It's an inquiry and unless there are several in a very short period it will not lower your score.

11. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Everytime you run a credit report it dings your score 10 points.Im in that industry I know it very well.I never said it would destroy it but losing 10 points is never good

12. wymi macrumors regular

The ETF is $350.00? What is the ETF for a non smartphone?

13. Arnezie, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Your wrong but I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this,

http://credit.about.com/od/creditreportscoring/a/creditinquiry.htm

Inquiries on your credit report can indicate your risk as a borrower. Too many inquiries might mean that you’re taking on too much debt or that you’re in some kind of financial trouble and are looking for credit to help you out. Several inquiries can reduce your credit score.

Depending on how much information you have in your credit report, an additional inquiry might not affect your credit score at all. On the other hand, if you have a short credit history without a lot of accounts, an additional inquiry could cause your score to drop by a few points.

Credit report inquiries will remain on your report for two years, but only those made within the last year are included in your credit score calculation. The most recent inquiries have the most effect on your score.

14. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Quoted from your article Not all inquiries that appear on your credit report affect your credit score. Inquiries that are made because of an application you made for credit are the ones that affect your score. These voluntary, or "hard", inquiries are the only credit inquiries that count towards your credit score." Entering into a contract is a hard request

15. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

Interesting. I refinanced my mortgage and got two separate car loans over a 6 week period in December and January and my credit score has not moved down. Surely there was at least one, possibly three hard inquiries.

16. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

If your credit is good and score high it won't. Your not a high risk apparently. The ones that it will affect are poor to bad credit scores that have little or poor credit history but it still will not move it down 10 points like some genius that works "in that industry " thinks it will.

17. bob13bob macrumors member

you are wrong, hard pulls can cost more than 10 points. You can google how much hard pulls cost in credit but they do affect your credit negatively are not something to be trifled with. Check in on finance forum for more info.

18. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Your going to dig up a thread that has been dead for 6 flicking months to argue ? :confused: you really must have a crappy life , but I'll play Your wrong and sadly misinformed. Must be the product of a poor education.

19. pblakk macrumors member

On Verizon, 175.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

20. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

So much accurate information listed in this thread :rolleyes: NOT
    from your own posting
    If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an Early Termination Fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. (For a complete list of Advanced Devices, check verizonwireless.com/advanceddevices.) Otherwise, your Early Termination Fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced