Sprint (ETF) how much

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Teddysjam, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Teddysjam macrumors member

I can upgrade sept 1st but my contract isn't up till jan 1st thru sprint. Been with sprint for like 5+ Yrs but LTE service is spotty and in general have trouble getting call when I'm in certain stores. I use an iPad to write orders when in stores and LTE (Verizon) is always on and in my area they get the best reception. So I was thinking of jumping ship in a few weeks get the iphone 6 thru verizon and just paying early termination fee. Few questions how much for opting out with 4 months left and also I want to keep my number so I should keep sprint active when the iphone 6 comes in thru verizon then what?, can verizon transfer number before I cancel sprint.

2. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

When you go to the verizon store, you tell them you want to sign up for a new plan and you want to port your number. When you port your number, it will cancel out your account with sprint. You will need to know your social, your account number, and password.

Your etf will be ~$100

Also...just get your iphone 6 from a verizon store. Show up an hour or so before opening (unless they offer preorder) and get your iphone then. They will cancel your sprint service, as noted above, when you activate your new iphone through verizon.

I don't know how it will work online.

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...termination_fee/case-sp061027-20110823-171256

3. sandmanfvr macrumors member

4. Teddysjam thread starter macrumors member

5. 1981d macrumors regular

You can sell the phone at anytime, paying the ETF just relates to unlocking for use on other carriers, which Sprint won't do in any case.

6. sandmanfvr macrumors member

Exactly, if you didn't pay the money and let it slip to bill collectors then Sprint would probably black ball the phone, but you pay your ETF then you own the phone and clear of Sprint.