Sprint gold iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjparfekt, Sep 23, 2013.

1. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Has a single person gotten a Gold iPhone on Sprint? I don't know of nor have I heard of one purchased anywhere on any forum or blog with a gold iPhone on Sprint

2. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Still waiting. :(

3. yeahright macrumors member

Status: Thank you for your order. iPhone 5s orders placed prior to 7 pm CT on 9/23 will ship in 4 to 6 weeks from order date. Orders placed after that will ship in up to 8 weeks from order date. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Please continue to check www.sprint.com/myorder for the latest shipping information.

4. kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Dang that is a serious wait. Not looking good for Sprint given the extremely high demand for the gold iPhone.

5. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

I'm in the same boat ordered online 4 minutes after they went on sale and got the same message waiting 4 to 6 weeks.

Seems like Apple forgot to send Sprint their gold iPhones altogether.

Not a single store within 200 miles of me have one or ever had one. Or Best Buy or Walmart neither had gold iPhones for Sprint.

6. boyncity macrumors newbie

Not true. I got my sprint gold 16gb shipped yesterday and it should arrive tomorrow. But I will have to return it since I did a research that you cannot unlock Sprint iphone 5s...but I need it to be unlocked so this blows.

7. jeff657756 macrumors newbie

Yea camped out for one but was informed no sprint store in Columbus got any gold phones. Haven't seen a gold sprint phone yet

8. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I ordered a Gold 32 gig, 1201 am 9/20 for Sprint.
    My phone gets delivered tomorrow .
    My luck it will be late, lol.

9. kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Please post when you get one. Maybe around that time stores will start getting deliveries too.

10. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Sure well post when I get it.. Luckily hubby works out of the house.## I have kids to drive around all day tomorrow , I made him promise to sit downstairs on the couch so he won't miss doorbell.###. Last year Fed ex dumped it on my porch, no signing anything... I was quite shocked .# I can't seem to stop checking the tracking info##, got to try to focus on something else. Impossible !!##

11. reltm macrumors member

This is the first Sprint online sale of a gold 5S I've heard of. Congrats! You were lucky to get through so early. Site was down for me until 12:08 or so, got my confirmation email for gold 32GB and now I have the dreaded 4-6 week wait status.

12. Firocity macrumors member

I think those of you would have had better luck ordering the Sprint model through Apple.com instead of the Sprint web site. I ordered my wife's at 2:17 am CST on 9/20 and received the 7-10 day ship time. I actually ordered my 32 Gb Space Gray model first which was not smart considering those are in more plentiful supply. Oh well, the wife was happy with the answer "Yours is going to take longer to get here because it is the most popular color."

13. msesha87 macrumors 6502

msesha87

I pick my Sprint Gold 32g up from Ups in the am. I ordered from apple and it's soon to be in Alaska.

14. CrimsonKnight macrumors 6502

CrimsonKnight

Ordered 32Gb iPhone for Sprint via Apple.com. Getting mine Thursday.

15. kjparfekt, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Saw an article that sprint gold iPhones ordered through apple now have a 56 day estimated wait to ship. Checked out the Georgetown Apple store rep doing inventory this afternoon said they haven't had a single gold iphone come through the store yet. Not looking good for me to get one anytime soon but I'm going to keep trying.

16. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I think the key for me was
    Using the Apple App to buy my gold 32G.. I was afraid of Apple online crashing. I had filled out all the order info. On other purchases... iPads etc. and saved my info. and also set up express checkout a few hours before sales opened. I set my alarm for 20 mins before 5s sale began... I was shocked when I realized I had picked out and competed my purchase in 45 secs.... I was afraid the would sell out of Gold ,and didn't want to wait 4 weeks for delivery. My email confirmation was stamped 12.02 am lol... It was still 1-3 days shipping at that point. My 5s is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow !!!! I can't wait. I've never even seen a Gold 5s in person ...Sweet!! Soon we will all be Happy !! Can't wait till we all get our
    "Precious" . ... Just HAD to say it

17. reltm macrumors member

Sounds like the only reports of Sprint gold 5S phones were obtained from sources other than Sprint direct sales. Darn!!

Heh heh "my precious..." I ordered a gold without seeing it in person, too. LOTR definitely feels a bit too close to home! "LOTGI" -- Lord of the Gold iPhone

18. kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Finally got some truth from Sprint and it's not good

Attached Files:

19. reltm macrumors member

this corroborates the lack of any reports of getting a gold direct through Sprint online sales. Still worth taking with a grain of salt though. CSRs are not always perfectly informed.

But I guess now we know part of the answer to whether the golds are in crazy high demand or whether they are in short supply! I wonder why they are in such short supply? I don't buy the whole "Apple did it deliberately" idea. They want to sell phones and delays this long will hurt overall sales.

20. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

It's so crazy that the Gold Ip5s is the one ALOT of people want. I decided when I first heard of the Gold color, I had to have one.## that's the reason I ordered through Apple. Everyone I told that I wanted gold laughed ###. Now they are looking for Gold as well... Lol it was a brand new color, that's the only reason I wanted it. It's on the truck for delivery today.### I placed a note on my door, we are here... Please ring doorbell###. I will post as soon as I have it.❤️. LOTG!! Awesome###

21. vajeff macrumors member

I ordered 32GB Gold for my wife and 32GB Space Gray for me at 12:05 EST on Launch from the Apple Store App on our phones. Both are on the UPS truck for delivery to my house today.

22. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

My Gold 32G arrived.### Sprint... So far everything is perfect.###

23. kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Congrats - glad to hear of someone with a gold Sprint iPhone. I feel like the commercial where the M&Ms meet Santa- they do exist

24. ethereal45 macrumors regular

Haha @ they do exist.

Good to know. I stalled like crazy and ordered one at about 7 EST on launch day, and it just says "Ships: October" like everyone else. Let's hope we see some movement earlier rather than later.

25. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I think they will ship faster than anyone expects.# I think Apple is giving themselves a time buffer... So when they ship earlier than expected everyone will be surprised.# I know our time said 1-3 business days .. But it also said delivers between Sep 30-Oct 2. And I received it today the 25th... So I think everyone will be surprised when they are shipped earlier. Hang on its worth it###❤️❤️#