Sprint in Michigan (Ann Arbor, Canton, Royal Oak)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mr jnvii, Dec 9, 2011.

1. mr jnvii macrumors member

So, thinking of getting my first iPhone this Christmas, which will also be my first smartphone.

I've never had a phone that used data before, so I have no idea about what speeds the major carriers provide. I know ATT is the faster (with crappy everything else), Verizon is mediocre (while reliable), and Sprint apparently sucks.

I really want to get it on Sprint though, since the unlimited data really appeals to me since I've never had a smartphone and will probably go ******* with the thing.

SO THE QUESTION!!! Does anyone live near the aforementioned places have have Sprint? Whats the call quality and data speed like? I've searched the internet and can't find anything. Sprint's coverage chart shows good coverage near me, however how can I trust that; of course they'll say it's good. :|

Thanks in advance for anyone's help :)

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I travel thru Ann arbor and all up and down I94 from Detroit to kzoo and sprint is great for me. I live near Jackson and get great speed at home. Try it you have 14 days and that should be more than enough to tell if it suits your needs.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I never had bad call quality in AA, and I never minded the data speeds.

Although now that I've spent some time in the Bay Area I have to admit when I visit AA the data seems somewhat slow.

I've had problems with AT&T as a DSL customer, so I'd not want to deal with them unless absolutely necessary. Verizon.....meh I have no opinion because I have no experience.

4. Norkusa macrumors member

Norkusa

I don't know about Ann Arbor, but I'm in Grand Rapids and my Sprint service is HORRIBLE. Usually around 0.10 - 0.20mpbs download. And this is in the middle of the city where I always have 4-5 bars. I've never had any dropped calls yet but once it literally took me 5 minutes to send a text with photo attached. No joke.

Don't risk it and get AT&T or Verizon instead. I wouldn't wish Sprint 3G on my worst enemy. I've already decided I'm just going to eat the $350 ETF and sign up with AT&T.