Sprint in northern MI?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parkm13, Nov 25, 2011.

1. parkm13 macrumors regular

i live in Northern Michigan and just would like to know if anyone else had sprint in Northern Michigan, and how well it worked. any help would be great, thanks!

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Where exactly in northern Michigan? Upper lower peninsula or the U.P.?

Either way, get online and check Sprints coverage maps. The farther north you go, the less coverage you'll get and slower too.

3. parkm13 thread starter macrumors regular

4. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

When I go to Tawas and Oscoda my service is fine. I even had ok service in the UP last year in a few locations. MI Tech area.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sprint has very spotty company coverage in northern MI. You'd be roaming onto Verizon towers anywhere but a few metro areas. You'll get good coverage, but if you roam over 30% of your usage Sprint will cut you off.

Also there is VERY little 3G coverage in northern MI, just areas like Traverse City, Mackinac Island, and a few other isolated single cell sites. Data will all be ridiculously slow (as opposed to Sprint's 3G network, which is merely painfully slow).

Edit: Just to be accurate, I checked the verbiage - it's not 30%, it's a "Majority" of voice calls and 300MB or a majority of data:

From http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml

Attached Files:

6. parkm13 thread starter macrumors regular

im north more then that. sorta by Traverse City