Sprint iphone 4s and app store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dahauss, Aug 22, 2012.

1. dahauss macrumors regular

Is anyone having issues with downloading apps from store with sprint and 3G? I can only download apps on wifi. There is a long discussion on the apple support forum an the discussion says sprint blames apple and vise versa. some are saying sprints image compression is what is causing this. Any thoughts or a way to fix?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Reset network settings.

3. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

Nope. That doesn't solve issue. it's all over the apple forum. Nothin is wring with any settings on the phone itself. everything else Works fie on 3G except the store. Store Works fine on wifi only.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

At least try it, you've got nothing to lose. Resetting it doesn't just reset WiFi settings, it can also refresh the cellular network.

5. kevinbomb123 macrumors member

It will say app could not be downloaded at this time......I havnt had any problems with sprint in fact i've been getting 1.5-3.0mbs consistently.

6. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

No it's just slow to me but I will be alright.

7. tekkierich macrumors member

I have been having this problem for several weeks. It is very annoying. I havent bothered to call Sprint about it because I fear the painful interaction with tier one support regarding a granular issue such as this.

I have had this issue in both Pennsylvania and Maryland for the past month.

8. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

9. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

10. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone with any update? I still cannot download from app store over 3G. Only wifi

11. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Looks like your the only one here having that problem. I'm on Sprint with a 4S and just downloaded an app earlier today on 3G.

Did you jailbreak? If so maybe that's causing the issue.

I would contact Sprint or try restoring your phone.

12. stw2186 macrumors newbie

Someone else started a thread of the same problem here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1435144&highlight=sprint

I am having the same problem and also posted about it on the apple site. I called Sprint and they are aware of the problem and there is nothing they can do at the moment to fix it. Apple is apparently working on it.

I just deleted some apps and re-installed them over 3g, but it took a long time for them to fully download. Did this about 20 minutes ago.

13. stw2186 macrumors newbie

Edit: Still not downloading over 3g. Had to turn on the wifi to complete the download.