Sprint iphone 4s and app store

dahauss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Is anyone having issues with downloading apps from store with sprint and 3G? I can only download apps on wifi. There is a long discussion on the apple support forum an the discussion says sprint blames apple and vise versa. some are saying sprints image compression is what is causing this. Any thoughts or a way to fix?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Is anyone having issues with downloading apps from store with sprint and 3G? I can only download apps on wifi. There is a long discussion on the apple support forum an the discussion says sprint blames apple and vise versa. some are saying sprints image compression is what is causing this. Any thoughts or a way to fix?
Reset network settings.

dahauss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Reset network settings.
Nope. That doesn't solve issue. it's all over the apple forum. Nothin is wring with any settings on the phone itself. everything else Works fie on 3G except the store. Store Works fine on wifi only.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Nope. That doesn't solve issue. it's all over the apple forum. Nothin is wring with any settings on the phone itself. everything else Works fie on 3G except the store. Store Works fine on wifi only.
At least try it, you've got nothing to lose. Resetting it doesn't just reset WiFi settings, it can also refresh the cellular network.

kevinbomb123

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2011
It will say app could not be downloaded at this time......I havnt had any problems with sprint in fact i've been getting 1.5-3.0mbs consistently.

tekkierich

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
I have been having this problem for several weeks. It is very annoying. I havent bothered to call Sprint about it because I fear the painful interaction with tier one support regarding a granular issue such as this.

I have had this issue in both Pennsylvania and Maryland for the past month.

dahauss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Anyone with any update? I still cannot download from app store over 3G. Only wifi

eNcrypTioN

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2009
Looks like your the only one here having that problem. I'm on Sprint with a 4S and just downloaded an app earlier today on 3G.

Did you jailbreak? If so maybe that's causing the issue.

I would contact Sprint or try restoring your phone.

stw2186

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Anyone with any update? I still cannot download from app store over 3G. Only wifi
Someone else started a thread of the same problem here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1435144&highlight=sprint

I am having the same problem and also posted about it on the apple site. I called Sprint and they are aware of the problem and there is nothing they can do at the moment to fix it. Apple is apparently working on it.

I just deleted some apps and re-installed them over 3g, but it took a long time for them to fully download. Did this about 20 minutes ago.