Sprint iPhone 4S battery drains 4 to 6% when sending photos via iMessage on 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blumpkin, Oct 31, 2011.

1. blumpkin macrumors regular

Each time I try sending a photo via iMessage when on Sprint's 3G network, I can expect to lose 4 to 6% of battery life. The send progress bar halts at the very end, and takes about 5 minutes (sometimes up to 10) to either go through or completely fail. As it struggles to send, the battery gets really toasty.

I haven't done too much photo sending via WiFi, so I can't compare quite yet. Regardless, I'd like to know if anyone else is having this "issue" or even if it is to be considered an issue at all. I know this thing takes pretty sizeable high-quality shots. Still, this seems a bit severe...

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It isn't the battery that gets warm, its the cellular radio. Sprint's network's slow iPhone 4S speeds are causing the delay and occasional failure in message sending.

3. blumpkin thread starter macrumors regular

I also have my suspicions that it might be due to slow data speeds. I called in today and they had me do the ##UPDATE#. Loading web pages and whatnot seems acceptable, but upload speeds are still atrocious from what I've seen so far.