Sprint iPhone 5 LTE finally comes to Las Vegas!

eeclipse16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Here is a screen shot taken right in front of Bellagio hotel on Las Vegas blvd. While not as fast as other carriers its finally nice to break the 1mb/s speeds of 3G. Max speed I have seen was about 12mb/s download.

jenni122701

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
(Western) North Carolina, USA
Well, thats better I guess huh? I'm on 3G here, but it's slow. It does what I need it to do though, which is good because my home wifi is messed up and not working with my iPhone hardly at all anymore. :-(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370391298.978047.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370391325.878177.jpg

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I've maxed at around 35Mbps on a few tests, all really dependent on the area though I usually average around 20Mbps when I am in a LTE area however. Perfectly happy with the speeds, I rather truly unlimited data and ~20Mbps then ~70Mbps and a data limit around 4GB.

Well, thats better I guess huh? I'm on 3G here, but it's slow. It does what I need it to do though, which is good because my home wifi is messed up and not working with my iPhone hardly at all anymore. :-(
View attachment 415209
View attachment 415211

I do pretty well. :)

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
At the current rate Tmobile LTE deployment will outpace Sprint. Sprint lit up LTE in small 50,000 population towns to increase their total number of cities while Tmobile is going for the far more important major metro areas first. They desperately need the SoftBank buyout and cash infusion to get on track. I can't remember the last time they had a profitable quarter. Like 2009?

AutoUnion39

macrumors 601
Jun 21, 2010
At the current rate Tmobile LTE deployment will outpace Sprint.
I wouldn't be surprised. They've gotten up LTE in Vegas/NYC, etc far faster than Sprint.

Sprint lit up LTE in small 50,000 population towns to increase their total number of cities while Tmobile is going for the far more important major metro areas first.
In all fairness, TMobile is letting those same areas rot with EDGE/GPRS coverage, so let's not pretend that TMo is any better. Sprint has pledged to have a full LTE network...eventually...

something TMobile doesn't care about (judging by the CEO's ridiculous "dust bowl" comments)

The only carriers that are fully following through with everything are VZW and AT&T.

eeclipse16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Wait, Vegas JUST got LTE?
They have had LTE for awhile now, just not with sprint which sucks but I also remember sprint had 4G in Las Vegas for a good year before everyone else. Now sprint users are paying the price for getting 4G early by getting 4G LTE a year and a half after everyone lol. And incase you are wondering yes we have still been paying the extra for 4G service even tho the iPhone 5 doesn't get that signal. Thanks sprint!

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
nice, here in nyc lte has been up for a while now.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. NYC doesn't have LTE. Few places in NYC has LTE but not NYC as a whole. I still don't have LTE and I'm right in downtown Manhattan (Financial district). Even the places that has LTE isn't stable by any means. Towers that have been broadcasting LTE weeks ago have stopped in some cases. Even Las Vegas has LTE in few places. Not all of Vegas has LTE from Sprint yet.

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. NYC doesn't have LTE. Few places in NYC has LTE but not NYC as a whole. I still don't have LTE and I'm right in downtown Manhattan (Financial district). Even the places that has LTE isn't stable by any means. Towers that have been broadcasting LTE weeks ago have stopped in some cases. Even Las Vegas has LTE in few places. Not all of Vegas has LTE from Sprint yet.
Most of NYC is lit up, not all. I just happen to live in Brooklyn where everywhere I go has LTE. I work in city hall and the LTE is pretty sparse.

NYC has a some to go but its going steady.

imeth

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
That's so sad. As an AT&T customer I had thoroughly enjoyed my iphone 5 since launch. Sprints so horrible.

Lunfai

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
sadly its true, I remember a guy that ad a screenshot of 60mbps down and 20 up LTE in Europe. I thing it was the EE network but i don't remember.
Yeah, I wouldn't think EE has a lot of network congestion because its really expensive and their Internet isn't unlimited like mine. They are pretty damn fast, my carrier is using a apart of their 4G tower later this year. Think of the speeds!