Sprint iPhone 5 Pre Order, from Sprint or Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dfine1966, Sep 12, 2012.

1. dfine1966 macrumors 6502

Everyone is talking about AT&T and Verizon. I want to talk about the Sprint iPhone 5.

I want to know for those of you that are getting an iPhone 5 for pre order, where are you going and why, Sprint or Apple, or does it even make a difference. Are you able to order Apple Care while ordering your phone online from both?

Are you just going to wait until the 21st and go into a store?

I am not sure if the corporate Sprint stores are going to have a reserve the iPhone in store($50 gift card used to reserve phones) for the iPhone or not, like they did with the Palm Pre, HTC EVO, etc. I talked to the Manager of the store and she told me she didn't know yet if they are allowing it or not.

That is why I might just pre order.

So what is everyone doing and where are you buying your new Sprint iPhone 5?

2. mtreys macrumors member

I'll be ordering mine through Sprint. The 4S was the first pre-order I did with sprint, the rest(while with AT&T) I did through AT&T instead of Apple.

3. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Sprint.com

Waiting in a crazy line is so 2006... I'll be waiting for the ups truck

4. bballjmf11 macrumors newbie

if you pre-order from sprint will you get it on the 21?
    also does the shipping address have to be the same as the billing address on your sprint account? i know this is a problem with some carriers.

5. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

You will get it on Friday depending on when UPS delivers, early in morning or late past 7pm. Your shipping address is whatever you provide them..

6. remlover macrumors newbie

I'm going with Sprint.com. I chatted with with a rep and basically walked me through the preorder process (ordering 2 phones, setting up family plan, transferring number).

Also, i'm sure Sprint.com won't be as inundated as other carrier websites and Apple.com.

7. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Sprint.com was crowded when the 4s was abailable for preorder. It took me half hour to finally navigate through the site

8. dfine1966 thread starter macrumors 6502

Why are most of you going through Sprint.com instead of Apple?

9. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

any word on a limit of how many phones you can buy at once?

10. julietcc macrumors member

I think ordering from Sprint.com will be easier for me since I need to upgrade all 3 of my lines. I'll be calling this morning to upgrade my plan which will double my bill. They are offering me credits and I'm going to ask if they will waive my activation fees. Sprint is slower but I have wifi at home and work and a 20% discount. My new plan will be $158 + tax for the 3 iphones.

----------

I'll be asking that today when I call. I'm hoping I don't have to buy 2 from Sprint and 1 from Apple!

11. jull macrumors member

jull

Last year when I ordered my 4s I wanted to go through Apple but their site was flooded so I was not able to get in. I ended up ordering through Sprint and didn't have any issue...plan on doing the same this time aroud

12. Scoop24 macrumors regular

Sprint.com was great for me last year ore order time. So I'm going that route again this year.

13. JenMay07 macrumors newbie

I'm going to be switching from Verizon to Sprint for the new iphone. I'm wondering do I go to the store tomorrow and pre-order or do it online? can you switch carriers (keeping the same phone number?) on the website?