Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Everyone is talking about AT&T and Verizon. I want to talk about the Sprint iPhone 5.

I want to know for those of you that are getting an iPhone 5 for pre order, where are you going and why, Sprint or Apple, or does it even make a difference. Are you able to order Apple Care while ordering your phone online from both?

Are you just going to wait until the 21st and go into a store?

I am not sure if the corporate Sprint stores are going to have a reserve the iPhone in store($50 gift card used to reserve phones) for the iPhone or not, like they did with the Palm Pre, HTC EVO, etc. I talked to the Manager of the store and she told me she didn't know yet if they are allowing it or not.

That is why I might just pre order.

So what is everyone doing and where are you buying your new Sprint iPhone 5?

mtreys

macrumors member
May 22, 2012
College Station, TX
I'll be ordering mine through Sprint. The 4S was the first pre-order I did with sprint, the rest(while with AT&T) I did through AT&T instead of Apple.

bballjmf11

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
if you pre-order from sprint will you get it on the 21?
also does the shipping address have to be the same as the billing address on your sprint account? i know this is a problem with some carriers.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
if you pre-order from sprint will you get it on the 21?
also does the shipping address have to be the same as the billing address on your sprint account? i know this is a problem with some carriers.

You will get it on Friday depending on when UPS delivers, early in morning or late past 7pm. Your shipping address is whatever you provide them..

remlover

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2012
I'm going with Sprint.com. I chatted with with a rep and basically walked me through the preorder process (ordering 2 phones, setting up family plan, transferring number).

Also, i'm sure Sprint.com won't be as inundated as other carrier websites and Apple.com.

julietcc

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2012
I think ordering from Sprint.com will be easier for me since I need to upgrade all 3 of my lines. I'll be calling this morning to upgrade my plan which will double my bill. They are offering me credits and I'm going to ask if they will waive my activation fees. Sprint is slower but I have wifi at home and work and a 20% discount. My new plan will be $158 + tax for the 3 iphones.

----------

any word on a limit of how many phones you can buy at once?

I'll be asking that today when I call. I'm hoping I don't have to buy 2 from Sprint and 1 from Apple!

jull

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2010
Houston TX
Last year when I ordered my 4s I wanted to go through Apple but their site was flooded so I was not able to get in. I ended up ordering through Sprint and didn't have any issue...plan on doing the same this time aroud

JenMay07

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2012
Albany, NY
I'm going to be switching from Verizon to Sprint for the new iphone. I'm wondering do I go to the store tomorrow and pre-order or do it online? can you switch carriers (keeping the same phone number?) on the website?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.