Sprint iPhone 5 still not activated??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 14, 2012.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

For more than a day
    Is it normal or there is a problem

2. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Call sprint and activate over the phone.

3. ProudLoz macrumors regular

How? His phone isn't activated? D:

Uh, talk to a rep online? I did that when I had a few questions about canceling. :eek:

4. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

He can call from a different phone like a friends or a land line, or he can call *2 on his unactivated phone and it will call sprint.

5. QuasarZ macrumors member

Did you get the phone from an apple store? The sprint phones from the apple store have issues with the network. I got a sprint iphone that had some issues so I took it to sprint. They said they can't trouble shoot it so to go to apple. I went to apple and after troubleshooting they decided to replace the phone. Once I got the replacement it would not connect to data whatsoever. I went back to apple and they swapped it out again. Still not able to connect to data. I was on phone with sprint for about 6 hours over 2 days. We did all the resets and restores as possible. Nothing would fix it. I went into the original sprint store and they have just started hearing about this issue. I finally convinced them to let me swap it out for a new one, and it worked. So there is some issue with the apple store's sprint phones.

6. richmds macrumors regular

It is normal for Sprint, go their support site you will see numerous threads of not activated or no data iPhone 5 for some people weeks. Once you do get data unless its LTE it will be painfully slow. Many people including myself just ended it in the 14 days and went VZ or ATT.

7. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

It's not normal for Sprint at all. I have had Sprint for over 12 years and never had to wait more then a few minuets for the phone to activate data included.

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Same here, it's not normal for Sprint. I'm also a long time customer and neither my son, nor I have ever had to wait a long time to activate. Usually no more than a few minutes.

9. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

10. julietcc macrumors member

I received 3 iphones on release day through sprint.com that I had trouble activating through the phone, itunes, and sprint.com. I connected to Sprint chat and was up and running in 5 minutes.

11. Ran7 macrumors regular

More complete nonsense.
    There are 1000x as many people complaining about scratches on all models as the handful on difficulty activating.
    And if you bother to look you will see more people on Verizon and aTT threads who had difficulty with automatic activating of iPhone 5 and who had to follow up with a call as well

----------

WE had the same thing happen with our Verizon's IP5s at work