Sprint iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iThink Apple, Sep 12, 2012.

1. iThink Apple macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

Hi All,

We all know that Sprint's Data on the iPhone 4S is SLOW. So will the new iPhone 5 be on Sprint LTE? Is it right so it will be faster Data? Also is Sprint's iPhone be a world phone? Will you be able to insert a Sim Card like the 4S? Thanks!!

2. REDTAZ macrumors regular

The new iPhone 5 will be on Sprint LTE so data should be faster. From what I've read the VZW/Sprint phone is not necessarily a world phone anymore, don't quote me on this though. I'm sure other people will have more information on this?

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

itll be sprint LTE if lte is available in your arear..

the sprint 4s was able to sim unlock for world travel. Not sure on LTE though.

4. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

I just want it to be a world phone and on LTE. I am 40 miles north of Miami so I should get LTE right?

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

just depends on coverage and what towers. http://s4gru.com/ i found lots of good info on here for my area. It showed what towers will be worked on and etc.

6. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

It will not be a world phone in the sense it will get LTE all over the world, it's just not technically possible right now. It's complicated but the way LTE is set-up to get it work with all the frequencies out there would make the phone huge to get all the needed components in there. It just doesn't make sense with the tech available now. It should still be a world phone in the GSM sense though.