Carrier Sprint iPhone 6+ Doesn't Hold a Steady LTE Signal - In Good Coverage Area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by im_to_hyper, Jan 6, 2015.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

- Spend quite a bit of time in ZIP code 54449.
    - Travelled to 54481 today.
    - Have had the phone 1 week and the first day or two I had LTE all the time.
    - If I have 1-3 bars of LTE it will automatically cut out, and then switch to 3G
    - I have 4-5 bars then of 3G signal

Is this a "Sprint has poor coverage" issue - or is this some carrier setting set too high and automatically bumping me to 3G all the time and not keeping me locked on LTE?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's a Sprint "poor coverage" issue. Don't rely on Sprint's coverage maps. They have been drawn by the marketing department, not the engineering department.

To check crowd-sourced (i.e., real) coverage you might look at sensorly.com.

Also, if your area is still involved with Network Vision rollout, either 1.0 or 2.0 (which includes Bands 26 and 41) then you are likely to experience disruptions as Sprint builds out LTE.

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Hehe, I like that :)
    Sounds a lot like O2's 3G/4G coverage map in the UK.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

6. im_to_hyper thread starter macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

I finally discovered this thread! You are right - it does seem to be a Sprint thing. I've noticed more and more they seem to have pretty good 3G coverage and once I disabled LTE I've been able to hold a steady signal!