Carrier Sprint iPhone X/8/7s Preorder Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowtrooper1966, Sep 12, 2017.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

--- Post Merged, Sep 13, 2017 ---

2. kennyfte macrumors member

kennyfte

If this thread is any indication, I should be able to flow through checkout at 3:01 AM /s.

3. sosogreen macrumors member

WOW.... LOL

I preordered my 7 Plus 128 JB which was like the most popular one a day after preorders went live and only had to wait 2months.... I got it like a month earlier than the estimated ship date
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 ---
    Lol I think not... Stock will probably last about 10 minutes before they are on backorder which is pretty good compared to last year...

Yes, a lot of people want the X but they are primarily tech enthusiast like us... Some don't even know the difference between the X and the 8 but will be getting the 8 because it's on sale and crying later when the X is released

4. jcsquid3692 macrumors member

Hopefully people just grab the 8 because its comming out sooner & The stock for the X will last a Good 10-15Mins each carrier including Apple site - Pre-order days are the worst but seeing as this is the first year they have seperated the launches we'll see how it pans out... 8&8P models wont sell as fast as people think leave those phones to the 6-6s people - If your jumping from 7 to 8 waist of time just wait out the Oct Pre-Order

5. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I don't have sprint but a buddy of mine works at sprint and he said they're gonna have the %50 off iPhone 8(not X) when you trade in your iPhone 6/7 next week...just helping some ppl out.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm interested in seeing what "war" is going to start between T-Mob and Sprint. They usually punch each other out over stuff like this.

Where's the popcorn?!

7. Laryl macrumors regular

Laryl

I hope you will share any specials if you hear anything -about the X when the time comes.
    I think them offering 50% off the 8 right after preorders is a risk. They are going to upset a lot of preorder people if they do that, aren't they??

8. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Well I asked him and he said to get the %50 off you have to do it through the sprint website not apple's website, and it will be available tomorrow...I'm guessing 3 am eastern time thats what he meant, good luck.

9. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

It went away for a tiny bit a while ago but now it's back for sure. Getting an X 256GB on contract at $699 is a much easier pill to swallow than $1149!

Yes, you can only do contracts on apple.com now like you said.

10. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

I was so excited to upgrade to the iPhone X but the $999 price tag worried me. So i tried justifying it by pricing out what I paid last year for a top of the line iPhone 7 Plus 128GB.

IPhone 7Plus
    $869 iPhone 7Plus 128GB (Middle Tier)
    $129 AppleCare (Up from $99 the previous year)
    $ 80 Tax
    =$980 Total

Well look at that. I almost spent $1000 last year. So what’s everyone complaining about. THe new phone cant be that much more.... can it?

iPhone X
    $1149 iPhone X 256GB (You cant buy a flagship phone with only 64GB Storage)
    +$199 AppleCare (Up from $129 last year)
    +$110 Tax
    =$1460 Total

Yeah. So I really don’t know how I’m going to justify this. I really would benefit from the bigger screen/smaller footprint. But almost everything else is gimmicks (Animoji) or cool tech I wont use (Fake lighting profiles). And lets not ignore that they still haven’t implemented ProMotion or Pencil Support so next year you may get tempted to upgrade again. :D

Im on an iPhone Forever Plan so i feel like I’m missing out on an opportunity by not upgrading. But those monthly payments just keep inflating and the phones really are still all doing the same thing.

2015 - $18/mo iPhone 6S+ with $7 introductory discount (Sprint hooked us with that one)
    2016 - $32/mo iPhone 7+ (Discount forfeit with upgrade)
    2017 - $45/mo iPhone X

11. wonderboynj macrumors member

Is $45 confirmed from Sprint as the monthly payment for an X?

12. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

No. That’s my personal math skills (which guarantees its wrong). But the device cost difference between last years 7+ and this years X is about $300.

One things to note is that if you are on an annual upgrade then it may now be cheaper to do Sprints $7/mo warranty for 12mo over Tim Cooks new and improved AppleCare+.

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

No idea how anyone uses Sprint. My friend, Stan, use to scream at his phone when he had Sprint service.

14. kennyfte macrumors member

kennyfte

Maybe that’s why we use sprint #stressrelief

15. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

Depends on your location. For me where I work, live and go, Sprint works. Not all carriers have 100% coverage everywhere. Use the one that works for you where you live, work and visit.

16. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Agreed, depends. You should have seen Stan. He would scream, his face would turn all red, and curse at his phone.

17. Spooner83 macrumors regular

Spooner83

Some of us can't afford big budget plans like Verizon and AT&T

18. bjaminkelley88 macrumors 6502

bjaminkelley88

I pre-ordered the 7+ JB last year the day after they went on Pre-Sale (Late decision) and I didn't get mine till November. I will be pre-ordering my 8+ (skipping the X) when pre-orders go live this morning. I wonder if it will be as difficult to get one this year being that a lot of people are holding out for the X model.

19. jcsquid3692 macrumors member

Cant wait to see the servers tonight - This will tell for thr X - & Hopefully pressure as much people into buying early so that there are enough X to go around lol

20. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I know @snowtrooper1966 from another forum. I was ribbing him because, well, because he deserves it. :D

21. cchunk macrumors 6502

Ordered the 64gb black without an issue. Even let me order before 12am.

22. BradCaldwell macrumors member

BradCaldwell

Same here. That was easy. I emailed an exec already though, because my lease is messed up because of last year, so I'm hoping they'll help me get that fixed.

23. bjaminkelley88 macrumors 6502

bjaminkelley88

Turns out Sprint released their Pre-Order like an hour early. I got min ordered at like 1:10AM CT. Couldn't have gone any smoother and I have the 9/20-10/7 ship date. Hopefully that means I'll get it on release day. That was the same estimated ship time that was originally posted when it went live.

24. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

Ordered 256 8+ no issues. Way better than last years 7 headache

25. kennyfte macrumors member

kennyfte

I had to call to have my preorder processed and for some reason had to turn off find my iPhone during the process. Very strange. It wouldn’t let me upgrade online at all. Glad it worked out for everyone else.