sprint or verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by weesy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. weesy macrumors regular

I currently have sprint but am not too pleased with the data speeds, is it worth staying with sprint and getting the iPhone 5 or should I jump ship to Verizon?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Worth is always subjective. Go with whatever carrier has the coverage you need. If you can't check with people in the areas you use your device then switch and test out the new carrier while you can cancel without ETF. This isn't a one-size-fits-all-matter.

5. jetlagged macrumors 6502

go with sprint man. i need people to go with sprint so that my sprint stock will go up. i got a lot invest on that stock especially with the release of iPhone 5.

6. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Sprint has UNLIMITED data, 3G and 4G, BUT...
    - Current 3G speeds suck. I mean, I've seen dial up modems faster than Sprint's 3G
    - LTE deployment is extremely limited. Only few cities and even they are not covered.
    - Initial LTE tests show wide speed variations. From 25mbps to 2-3mbps.

Verizon has LIMITED 3G and LTE, BUT...
    - 3G speeds are ok
    - much more LTE coverage

Go with Sprint if you have patience to wait in hopes of a great service, no caps, and low price.
    Go with Verizon if you do not mind paying more but need stable network right away.

7. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I am considering sprint for the unlimited LTE alone and the 79$ price. My city has it even though I hear it is spotty. But it will get better soon. Unlimited just sounds so amazing to me. Netflix and pandora streaming with no worries about limits sounds awesome. And my company gets a discount.

8. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am getting Sprint because I got approved for Sprint. Not only that, but they have decent coverage in my area, and also, I got a bunch of discounts for random stuff Sprint does.

9. menist macrumors regular

menist

Sprint has unlimited data, but their 3G speed stinks, LTE is now just being deploy. Your better off with another carrier.

10. remlover macrumors newbie

My wife and I have been AT&T customers for a long time. However, we will be making the switch to Sprint. We looked at Verizon, they have great LTE coverage in our area, however, like AT&T, sharing data at 4gb is just unacceptable.

My wife constantly is off wifi and will use 3G and LTE. The deciding factor was Sprint is putting in LTE literally right by her work. So she can stream movies/tv shows to her heart contents.

The great speed of LTE is what scares me not having unlimited data. I could get caught up watching a movie on Netflix or Hulu and before I know it, I'm worried for the rest of the month. I guess you can say, I dont want to worry :)

We live about an hour from Chicago, so hopefully all the surrounding updates Sprint is planning to do will cover our area with LTE. That being said, Sprint has made a commitment that there LTE will be up and finished by the end of 2013...even including speeding up 3g networks. So to me, Sprint is kind of an investment for the future.

As long as I can stream off pandora or get to my cloud music on itunes or google, I'm happy.