Sprint refuses to activate iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomtom2234, Sep 21, 2012.

1. tomtom2234, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

tomtom2234 macrumors member

Hello there. I was wondering if anyone can give me any insight or suggestions as to where I should go from here. Basically what has happened is I bought the new iphone 5 and got it in today and activated it on my line. When my mom got home I gave her my old iphone 4s as a birthday present.

When i tried to activate it sprint said it was reported lost or stolen. After 2 hours of dealing with that rep and his superior they told me that someone had went through asurion and claimed the iphone was lost / stolen and gotten a new iphone through them. They then said that it was impossible because asurion does not cover the iphones and said that even though they knew this I had to call ausrion and get them to remove the lost/stolen claim.

I called asurion, and they told me that their is nothing they can do because they cannot touch the iphone. I asked the rep to call a sprint rep and tell them that, which they did. After telling the sprint rep they transfered me to that same sprint rep who tried to activate the phone on the line. They still could not so they then transfered me to their supervisor. After another hour or so talking to the supervisor he told me there was nothing he could do either and he couldn't give me any advice as to what to do.

Just a little background info; I preordered the iphone 4s just like the iphone 5 and received it with no trouble. I used it up until this point and never reported it lost or stolen to anyone. There is literally no way this phone could have been someone elses or anything. I still have the original box and everything. I really don't know where to go from here guys. I was hoping maybe someone in the community could possibly help me in figuring out what in the hell is going on here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

!Update!
    Talked to two really nice Apple reps. They couldn't help me out either. One of the higher ups gave me his number and extension if I needed someone on the Apple side to help out in some way... Advised me to go into sprint store in person and talk to them in person. Said if all else fails get local law enforcement involved... sigh.

!Update 2!
    Still not working able to get this worked out..

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

angry ex girlfriend or anything? They can probably report it stolen by having the box it came in.

3. tomtom2234 thread starter macrumors member

Nope. The weird thing is that they say it was claimed through asurion, which doesn't cover the iphone :/

4. diegoesk macrumors regular

Perhaps an employee doing a scam? Scour the sprint forums for same issues. Good luck bro

5. tomtom2234 thread starter macrumors member

I'm doing everything possible right now. On hold waiting on an Apple rep. Even was desperate enough to shoot Tim Cook an email. I know it's extremely unlikely I'll actually get a response from him, but at this point anything is worth trying.

6. heyismejosh macrumors newbie

yes they do, on verizon

7. tomtom2234 thread starter macrumors member

Not on sprint apparently. Both the Sprint rep and their rep said they don't cover the iphone. I really just want to get this working, sigh.