Sprint says I still have an upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjb.butler, Nov 28, 2011.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I bought the Evo 4G in August of 2010. I got one last yearly upgrade (stupid policy changes), so I upgraded to the 4S the day after release.
    About a month ago, I was looking at my Sprint account online, and it said that I had an upgrade available. I thought that it must be because I just upgraded, and they hadn't updated their system yet.

Well I checked today, and it was still telling me that I am eligible for an upgrade! Just to make sure, I texted the Sprint upgrade number, and sure enough it's telling me that I have an upgrade. Did I simply get lucky?

2. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Sounds pretty damn lucky. You should get another 4S ands sell it.

3. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Yeah that's what I was thinking... Or maybe I'll just save it for next year... Decisions, decisions...

I'm really intrigued by Windows Phone. I'm pretty much done with Android.

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Do you have a 2nd phone line on that account? I know I just upgraded on the 1 st of this month, and I got a notice for a upgrade, for my 2nd line. If you don't have a 2nd line use the upgrade fast, just in case it's an error. Congrats, it's your lucky day. Enjoy #

5. icomputered macrumors member

Quick! Order a second 4S and sell it before the glitch goes away!

6. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Is a mistake they did, it happened to me before and DO NOT BUY THE WINDOWS PHONE 7 on sprint pretty much sucks you will waste your money at least wait for the Nokia , if anything I would buy an iPhone 4s and sell it on eBay or Craigslist , I got my evo 3d upgraded on June an didn't go away I decided to go to the store and get another phone for my wife and it worked .... :D did you buy your iPhone at the sprint store?

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

8. vincent6396 macrumors member

Same thing is happening to me on AT&T. Not only my line but wife's line also we got the 4s oover a month ago. Thinking of saving it for the next iphone.

9. SporkLover macrumors 6502

X 2 here. I was in the same boat for one of my lines.

10. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Ahhh I'm torn!!

I want to save the upgrade for next year's phone, but at the same time I want to take advantage of this and use the upgrade and sell it.

11. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Some people have said it goes away some other said that sprint will never notice I wouldn't take the chances tho lol

12. Jay A whY macrumors newbie

I'm on AT&T... Ordered a Skyrocket 2 weeks ago on AT&T's website on a Saturday morning and by Sunday night the system said I was still eligible for a upgrade. Drove to Best Buy and picked up an iPhone 4S at the discounted rate. The Skyrocket shipped out that Monday and sold it on eBay by Wednesday.. There is definitely a loop hole in the upgrade system..

13. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Honest question: How exactly do you sell an on contract iPhone? I mean, if the OP were to buy the 2nd 4S with the upgrade price, would the OP just sell his old 4S? Or the newly activated 4S?

14. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Which ever he decides, he just need to erase everything of the other one to be activated in another account