Sprint store wouldnt sell me Iphone at full cost

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrdave543, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mrdave543 macrumors member

"cool story bro"

Ordered a black iphone 5 from apple that is supposed to be delivered today, but had second thoughts and wanted to switch to white.

On way to work I passed by an ATT store (line is wrapped around the building), and I have Sprint and theres a store down the street so I thought I would at least drive by. To my suprise noone is there, maybe 10 people inside. I go in and ask if they have any iphone 5's available, they said yes in white all sizes. I offered to pay full price and return my other pre-ordered item later, but they refused to sell me one!

This is one of the many reasons why Sprint sucks. Been with them over 10 years, probably not much longer.

2. One-Shot macrumors newbie

Why would any carrier sell you one with no contract? They are not going to have any trouble selling the same phone with a contract which is more lucrative. If I ran that business I would do the same thing.

3. mrdave543 thread starter macrumors member

I wasnt asking to not put it into a contract, I wanted to put it on my account (and return the other phone later).

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

None of the carriers are selling the phones for full price at this point. They all require a 2 year contract. In a few weeks (months) they'll do this but for now, no dice.

This occurred that past few releases as well, so its not a sprint sux issue but all the carriers.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

You wanted to do a full price upgrade? Did they understand that?

6. Powrie macrumors 6502

What is Verizon gonna do with an ATT phone ?

They are not the same...

7. Blinny83 macrumors member

In store Verizon rep tried to pull that line on me too. But when I told him that I'd asked a rep on the phone specifically if I could purchase a full priced phone and they'd said I could, he got the manager to OK it. Typing this from my new iPhone 5 on Unlimited LTE.

8. mrdave543 thread starter macrumors member

I understand they want it on a contract, and I was willing to do that. They wouldnt allow it because I had a pre-order through apple.

Not the end of the world, and I understand the reasons behind it, however its just funny to me that Sprint had noone at one of their bigger stores in Houston.

I can wait a few hrs...just thought I would share in case others were trying to do the same thing.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oh I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.