Sprint: Upgraded to 7+ from 6S+ via lease, now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnthonySmith, Nov 11, 2016.

1. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Hey guys, so I had a question and I'm wondering if that happened to anyone else.

I had an iPhone 6S Plus on my iPhone For Life Plan with Sprint and I leased it.

I have upgraded to the 7 Plus since then. When I went to return my 6S Plus, the Sprint rep at the counter said he did not see that I had a 6S Plus on file to return. He said to check it out online and have them ship me a box.

So I go online and hit the 'return leased phone' link and it leads me to my new iPhone 7 Plus, essentially asking me if I want to return my new iPhone 7 Plus.

My account also states that I am eligible for an upgrade from my current iPhone 7 Plus, which I find odd because I just made the upgrade.

Has anybody else had this occur? What do I do with my old iPhone 6S Plus?

Thanks.

2. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Looks like you have a spare phone. I would hang onto it for a few months at least. Just in case Sprint gets their act together. Not so bad really having a spare phone in case your 7 gets lost, stolen. Now if Sprint forgets to send you your monthly bill, but keeps service going, you really have a win win scenario.

3. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Yea Sprint is crazy at times - I ordered one phone the motokrzr years back and received a total of 5 over that week - Took them to the store - the manager refused them - then winked at me - I kept them 4 months

Then eBay is where 2 of them went 1/2 price -the other

One was given a friend as gift and other one my son ---- they never contacted me about them

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

How is Sprint still a company that is in business?

5. AnthonySmith thread starter macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys!

Gonna see how my bill looks. If I don't have a charge for it I may throw it up on eBay, or even give it to my brother.

6. Ca_lvn macrumors member

Or you could be honest and take it into a corporate store

7. pirarre macrumors 6502

I have the same thing on my account. I am upgrade eligible. However it states I have to return my JB 7+ as well. Keep in mind, I never do the lease. I always do the installments because I like to pay my phones off and grab something else. Plus I feel the payments actually go towards something.

Nonetheless, I also had a Note 7 and was told that Sprint gave those customers a free upgrade. So I'm not sure if that's where my upgrade came from or not.

8. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I got the impression that he tried that from his original post, but the rep at the store refused it because it didn't come up on his account.

I would personally try calling customer service and give it one more shot to return their phone. If the CS rep tells you the same thing then there's nothing you can do, I would then keep it for a few billing cycles then do what you want with it.

9. AnthonySmith thread starter macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Yes, I've gone into Sprint twice. The store manager told me they do not accept return phones. The second told me to check online because he did not see that I had a 6S Plus in file.

I checked online and it asked if I wanted to return my 7, which I don't want to do.

I guess i'll wait it out and see. Thanks for the response everyone, I appreciate it.